What's new

Inner Sanctum Mysteries Delayed Again ! (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
For what it's worth, the Eureka Classics (UK) edition of this set has also been delayed. It was originally scheduled for 2020 12 07, and has been pushed back to 2021 01 15.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
View attachment 81959

Regressing back to the earlier "standard" DVD release of the Universal 1940s INNER SANCTUM film series.

If you recall the print for STRANGE CONFESSION (1945) utilized had the cheap and inferior Realart Pictures re-release closing credits appended to it.

STRANGE CONFESSION (1945) was reissued theatrically under the title THE MISSING HEAD (1953) through Realart.

Will this (hopefully) be rectified with the current blu-ray edition?

When providing the theatrical trailers if would nice if Universal Studios Home Entertainment would make the effort to employ the "original" Universal brand theatrical trailers instead of the revised Realart Pictures issues.

STRANGE CONFESSION (1945) is certainly an anomaly in this highly entertaining (albeit short-lived) film series and certainly one of the more interesting to be sure (ie. How often was Lon Chaney, Jr. ever portrayed as a happy family man in any of his films?).

View attachment 81960

Jeff T.

:)

I just went through my old DVD set. Yes at the end of Strange Confession it says...Re-released by Realart. The other 5 films all say Universal Pictures at the End. I hope it's Fixed on the Bluray. Also the Window Boxing every time you see a Newspaper headline. Also at the End of the films. Hopefully that will be fixed too. I remember the Universal Mummy films had the same thing on the old DVD's. It was fixed on the Legacy Bluray ! :)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Cereal at Midnight has a Bluray Review posted today on You Tube ! The Films look very good he said. But Pillow of Death View attachment 81981 PQ looks Darker to him compared to the first five films. I noticed Eureka shows NO clip of Pillow of Death. Just the title. I wonder Why ? :huh:

Maybe it's darker because they're getting ready for bed? I mean come on it is a pillow of death, probably wasn't made by Mike Lindell :lol:

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Does not seem that anyone has received this series (Inner Sanctum) early
nor (Mill Creek’s other Nov 17 release) Hammer Films Ultimate Collection.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I ordered mine from my local Bullmoose store. Unfortunately it's not in stock yet. I may have to cancel and get it on Amazon.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
OK I know this is a little obsessive, but how many of you are actually following the tracking on this one? I pulled up mine today and it is in Washington DC distribution hub, which is about a 3 1/2-hour drive from where I live. An I'm still scheduled to get it on Monday :huh:, if anything it should be here tomorrow if I'm lucky .

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Mine arrived today!!!!!!! Forgive the excessive exclamation points, but damn.

Lon.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
OK I know this is a little obsessive, but how many of you are actually following the tracking on this one? I pulled up mine today and it is in Washington DC distribution hub, which is about a 3 1/2-hour drive from where I live. An I'm still scheduled to get it on Monday :huh:, if anything it should be here tomorrow if I'm lucky .
If it was coming via Amazon delivery, I would expect it tomorrow as well but if it's coming USPS, I've had a ton of late deliveries recently (like everyone else).

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
the customs, did you print those yourself, and is it on cardstock? honestly that is a great addition to the set,

mine arrived today :D
Thanks ! Yes I print them myself and mount them on poster board. ..... I am Disappointed in the PQ for Pillow of Death. It is very Dark and Not as Sharp as the other films. I just looked at my Old DVD set and it is So Much Brighter ! ? I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me. :wacko: We fans of these films waited so long for this release after all those Delays. And then they release the sixth film in this condition ?? :huh: The documentary only shows the first four films. They do not mention the last two films at all. ?? This set is Far from Perfect ! <_< Maybe the Eureka set will be better ??

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I am Disappointed in the PQ for Pillow of Death. It is very Dark and Not as Sharp as the other films. I just looked at my Old DVD set and it is So Much Brighter ! ? I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me. :wacko: We fans of these films waited so long for this release after all those Delays. And then they release the sixth film in this condition

Wow . . . Pillow of Death looks terrible . . . looks like the last run of a 16mm print used for the off-network TV station nobody ever watched.
I'm shocked. It's as bad as some Alpha videos.

The first 5 films look very good. Not reference quality restorations, but the first 5 look very good. I would be thrilled if all 6 looked as good as the first 5 films.
But I'm horrified at Pillow of Death, the 6th one (on disc 2 it is the third film).

This disc (disc 2 of 2 on the Mill Creek) should be recalled and replaced.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Wow . . . Pillow of Death looks terrible . . . looks like the last run of a 16mm print used for the off-network TV station nobody ever watched.
I'm shocked. It's as bad as some Alpha videos.

The first 5 films look very good. Not reference quality restorations, but the first 5 look very good. I would be thrilled if all 6 looked as good as the first 5 films.
But I'm horrified at Pillow of Death, the 6th one (on disc 2 it is the third film).

This disc (disc 2 of 2 on the Mill Creek) should be recalled and replaced.
Thanks aphil ! :) I thought maybe I was the only one that Noticed. You can see a Big difference in the photos I posted #57 from off my Sony 75" 4K TV. The DVD release is so much Brighter and matches the other five films. Where did this Dark Dull version come from ??? :wacko: Somebody Screwed Up Bigtime !! This Never would have happened if Shout Factory would have released this. Release classic movies correctly or don't release them at all ! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks