What's new

Universal’s Inner Sanctum Mysteries coming from Mill Creek (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The films are barely over an hour, black and White and no extras or possibly a 30 minute documentary. 2 discs is plenty. There wouldn't be any noticeable difference with 3 discs. This is no different than a 3 hour movie on 1 disc. Many 3 hour movies in color and with a few extras get 1 disc and look great these discs will use far less space than that.
Very true. 2 discs should be adequate for this.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
According to the other forum from Daniel Griffith himself - "Ballyhoo Motion Pictures is producing/directing all the NEW bonus features and commentaries for the set. There are some surprises in store for the fans! The announcement of the full specs will be coming soon!"
Between this information and the new Universal provided HD masters this is an easy pick up !

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Going have to stick with my DVD box set on this one.
The DVD set is very clean but dull and soft, with no detail. This Bluray set will be a Big Improvement over the DVD's. New HD Masters are being used from Universal. With New Bonus Features and Commentaries. This will Blow away the old DVD set.

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'm glad these are being released . But you have to wonder why Shout Factory decided to pass on these after releasing so many Universal - International films on Blu-ray. Actually , I thought Kino Lorber would have first shot at these if SF wasn't interested . If Mill Creek will be handling the Universal genre catalog from here forward, I hope they will consider the Captive Wild Woman films , Cult of The Cobra , Thing That Couldn't Die , and the WC Fields films for starters .
Meanwhile , Shout Factory is now concentrating on the films Lionsgate released on DVD, like How To Make A Monster , The Spider , Day The world Ended . I hope SF will continue to release vintage horror , Sci Fi, and fantasy films . I think they do a pretty good job. So do Mill Creek, and Kino Lorber for that matter !

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm glad these are being released . But you have to wonder why Shout Factory decided to pass on these after releasing so many Universal - International films on Blu-ray. Actually , I thought Kino Lorber would have first shot at these if SF wasn't interested . If Mill Creek will be handling the Universal genre catalog from here forward, I hope they will consider the Captive Wild Woman films , Cult of The Cobra , Thing That Couldn't Die , and the WC Fields films for starters .
Meanwhile , Shout Factory is now concentrating on the films Lionsgate released on DVD, like How To Make A Monster , The Spider , Day The world Ended . I hope SF will continue to release vintage horror , Sci Fi, and fantasy films . I think they do a pretty good job. So do Mill Creek, and Kino Lorber for that matter !
I hope Shout does ...The Black Castle (1952) Universal ... And....A Proper restored release of Revenge of the Creature (1955) The replacement disc was the same as the Original. Soft and No Detail like a dvd. The other 2 films looked Great. Release it on its own Please. I hate that I have a Bluray in my Universal Monsters collection that looks like that. ? : (

Last edited:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im sure we will see more Universal Horror Collections from Shout, along with more Hammer and Arkoff titles down the road.
Obviously Mill Creek has made a deal with Universal, time will tell what else they have. I really hope the Karloff at Sony films get Blu'd as well !

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Im sure we will see more Universal Horror Collections from Shout, along with more Hammer and Arkoff titles down the road.
Obviously Mill Creek has made a deal with Universal, time will tell what else they have. I really hope the Karloff at Sony films get Blu'd as well !
Don't forget that Kino - Lorber also has a deal with Universal for at least 100 films , so we should see a lot of releases .

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Don't forget that Kino - Lorber also has a deal with Universal for at least 100 films , so we should see a lot of releases .

its for 200+ releases and I haven't forgotten. I dont know if Kino has any Hammer titles but if Shout passed on some, maybe Kino could have gotten some. That's just speculation. My guess is Shout probably has all the Hammer films from Universal, but that's just a guess.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
When I was in my early teens, these were shown on our local independent TV station in Syracuse called "Monster Movie Matinee" on Saturday afternoons, in which our local weatherman dressed up as a vampire and greeted all his "bloody buddies" so I have a fondness for them. (I think every local TV market in the US had someone dressed as a vampire who hosted horror & sci-fi films in the 50's & 60's) The best Inner Sanctum, in my opinion, is "Weird Woman" which is an adaptation of Fritz Leiber's "Conjure Wife." and really well done; also elegantly photographed, which I think matches some Universal horror of the early 1940's; for instance SON OF DRACULA and the Mummy sequels. The focus of the series in general is less on outright horror than the uncanny. Some deal with the supernatural, while others are more along the lines of murder mysteries. They move fairly quickly, and they're pretty engrossing. It helps if one has a fondness for Lon Chaney Jr., which I do. Anyway,I grew up with these, so I'm definitely getting the set.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It's been several years since I've seen these movies. I did a blind buy of the DVD set based on the supposed horror themes and Lon Chaney, Jr. as the star. My recollection is they're more noir/mystery than horror (with only minor horror trappings at best) and just average entries in those genres with Chaney being mostly wasted. I need to get out my DVD set and give them a rewatch to see if I "need" the upgrade or not...

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I hope they release Against All Flags (1952) with Errol Flynn and Maureen O' Hara. Universal International in Technicolor ! I watched it on Amazon Prime a few nights ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks