What's new

Inga Swenson ("Benson") Passes Away at 90 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Inga Swenson, probably best known as feisty Gretchen Krause on "Benson", passed away recently at the age of 90. She also appeared in numerous TV shows and films, as well as the feature films The Miracle Worker and Advise & Consent. She was also an acclaimed Broadway actress, being nominated for two Best Actress Tony awards.

https://ew.com/tv/inga-swenson-benson-actress-dead-at-90/

"Benson" was one of my first TV favorites and the verbal sparring between Benson and Krause always had me in stitches. Swenson also had a memorable guest visit to "The Golden Girls" playing Rose's sister, Holly.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Her lovely soprano voice was heard in the original Broadway casts of 110 in the Shade and Baker Street.
RIP.
I only saw her on TV occasionally, but her singing voice is VERY familiar to me from those two cast recordings Jose mentioned. R.I.P.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Dear Mr C how about a dedicated RIP thread? So we can all put these in one thread - I was putting them in movies and tv then after hours a dedicated obit page would be a true honor for the deceased

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks