What's new

Infocus 4805 (1 Viewer)

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
MSRP $1499

EDIT: No longer true.
The MSRP is apparently $1899 and the Minimum (permitted) Advertised Price is $1499.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered through Crutchfield, free shipping, no tax...what the heck. Maybe I'll get it early, maybe not. Maybe it'll be great, maybe not. Maybe somebody will have for $200 less, maybe not. At the very least, I 'll get to try it for 30 days with free return shipping...I like zero risk.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry

That "2 or 3 weeks" from May 3 is now June 21. I guess that's still second quarter, but not by much.

Ed K

Auditioning
Greetings Fellow HT lovers!

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in!. I just bought the SP4800 and Wow what a great picture! I haven't installed my screen yet so I've only viewed it on the wall and on a white sheet. I'll bet you could get a really great deal on this model when they release the 4805 and I don't think you would be disappointed a bit!!

BTW, this is a great site for info and many knowledgeable people on the boards. Thanks for a great site!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
ok this comes from somebody who know the infocus

- they are all unauthorized.

http://www.infocushome.com/deauthorized/index.htm

and also i hear buy july they will be out and i hear
ETA: July
List Price: $1899
MAP: $1499

so who knows but hope everything gets sorted out

and here is another food for thought ,this comes from reputable person from my neck of the woods and he is as honest as they come .

As Kas mentioned I had kind of a fun day yesterday.... Internet Whoooare Shops.. These guys will do anything to get you to the site.. it is not mutually exclusive to BenQ... anything that is hot... they will put out a Whooaare price on it and watch people come to the site... make sure you take out the cookies after visiting one of these places... It can cause your computer some social diseases.. If it sounds too good to be true.. the statistics can prove that it usually is... Pretty appalling way to conduct a business.... Drastic measures were already taken to scrape some of this off peoples shoes yesterday.. Wish more dealers would get involved .. there was actually litigation on two of these sites already pending... and it appears one is linked to the other which will be the end result in any event... close one down open another... Every once in a while there will be a leak of product out of some shady transaction usually in the Pacific Rim.. What ends up happening if in fact the product does come to the door... It is either not the real product ...which has happened...and frequently.. or someone did a deal and brought a container load of them here.... and thats what you can get if anything at all.. but if the price is way wacked then if you do not believe anything else I say believe this ... You aint gettin nuttin.. or you is gettin a cash flow drain with nothing to show for it..

I will guarantee that if the 4805 product becomes a hot product... you will see the same damn thing.. just be careful.. It exists for any product ...

tas

Auditioning
Jack, I think you get the 4805 couple of hundered cheaper than crutchfield. ;)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about stores, but it's still supposed to be in stock at crutchfield.com on 6/21 for those who pre-ordered.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Quick connection questions:

Am I correct to assume BOTH the component input and DVI can accept analog signals and the out put would be the native resolution?

I'm using a VGA cable to mu current projector. I assume I would need a DVI/VGA passive adapter for the 4805 DVI input. On the 4805's component input, I would need a transcoder between the VGA cable and the component cable?

What are the M1- Component adapter and the M1 to DVI adapter?

Thanks to all for any info...I appreciate it!!

Ron Boster

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks