What's new

Movie projector issues...I could use some help or advice. (1 Viewer)

Defconn77

Auditioning
Real Name
CLint
I have an Infocus 4805 - I got it in 2004 so I know its old. My problem is that today my picture has tons of what I believe is static.. I was watching star wars on Blu ray and intro screen with title crawl against the black looks terrible. Its not as noticeable during brighter scenes. I tried multiple different connections. Component ,Hdmi, Composite and on various machines.. So is the bulb going. I have about 1200 hours lamp use. I only watch movies every now and then on it, so that is why its so low. I have noticed it flickering when i first start it up and it takes a few minutes to "click " and stay constant. I have not had this static problem before, so i dont believe there is any interference. Any help would be great thanks!!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If the bulb were dying the picture would just be getting dim or possibly flickering, it wouldn't cause the kind of artifacting you are seeing. 13 years is a pretty good run for a projector. Time for a new one.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I use to own a 4805 ... three projectors ago!
The static you're seeing is probably due to a combination of bulb flickering and a dirty color wheel.

That was a great projector in its day, but these days you can get native 1080p, high contrast, projectors for less than what you paid for that 4805. I'd recommend one of the new LG DLP projectors with the 20,000 hour, 1500 lumen, LED light engine. No bulbs to change -- ever; and the high powered LEDs fire sequentially at a speed equal to a 16x color wheel. So, no RBE artifacting and no mechanical color wheel. You just get a nice big HD image with virtually no required maintenance.

Time to put that 4805 to rest!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks