What's new

Infinity Alpha's?? (1 Viewer)

Joe Merkin

Auditioning
I'm having a heck of a time finding any reviews of Infinitys newer Alpha speakers. The ones I'm interested in are the Alpha 50's.

The other speakers I'm considering right now are:
Paradigm Monitor 90's v2
B&W 603's
Energy C7's

Anyone have any info/insight into the Alpha 50's?

Stephen_E

Grip
I'd also love to see a review of these speakers, but considering how new they are that might explain the lack of reviews available.

Honestly to me it just looks like the next evolution in the:

RS --> IL --> Alpha set.. i would expect IL sound with tighter, more realistic midrange and bass. Any clues when CircC or BestBuy will receive these in?

Joe Merkin

Auditioning
I'm not sure if BB or CC will carry them, not sure of their agreements. Ultimate Electronics (Audio King in Minnesota) has them now. That is where I seen them. I know Infinity has, or had, a pretty good reputation. Seems like they may have moved more to the high volume side of things now. Seems like nobody talks about Infinity speakers anymore unless they are talking about some of the older lines.

Anyone have any insight into how Infinity is these days?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion, Infinity is making some very nice speakers these days. For what it's worth, the IL and Interlude line have been well received by the audio press; several of Infinity's speakers are on Stereophile's Recommended Components list. The Entra line is great, especially the bookshelf model. However, most people still remember the Infinity of several years ago, when it was lost in its direction of product development. I think Infinity (and its sister brand, JBL) has come back nicely. And having some of the world's most advanced speaker development facilities doesn't hurt either.
I was surprised to see the Alpha series mentioned here in the US, since I got the impression these speakers were made for the European/Asian markets. I have seen these advertised in Japanese audiophile magazines. Aren't these speakers designed in Denmark by Infinity/JBL??
BTW, I was surprised no one here mentioned Infinity and JBL is being merged into one single division by Harman International. Just in case, here's the link

Stephen_E

Grip
Well, an an owner of a Infinity RS series ( RS-5's / RS-3's / CC-3 ) i love my infinities. I've heard Legacy's, Wharfdale's, Boston Acoustics newest... but nothing really seems to seperate the instruments as well as my RS's.. ( specifically the RS-3's ) and yes i realise i'm boosting an older line's technology but the Interlude's were also known for this so i would assume the same but better from the Alpha's.. now hopefully Infinity will find a way to market them to a broad range as they did with the previous generations.

... to Infinity, and beyond!

*groans*

i know...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks