What's new
World Wide Stereo

Indoor/Outdoor speaker wire recommendations (1 Viewer)

MadDogg2014

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Hey all,

I hope someone out there can help me with this. I picked up some Polk Audio Atrium 5 indoor/outdoor speakers today. Now I need to know what's the best/reasonable indoor/outdoor speaker wire I should use. I have a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver these will be connected to. I'm planning on running them in the wall up to the attic and over to my deck. I should be able to feed them out of the over hang or possibly through a vent. I'm probably looking at about 40-50ft of cable to one speaker and 50-65ft for the other, so I probably need a spool of 150ft to be safe. Does anyone have a recommendation of speaker wire that will do the job and not cost me a fortune? Thanks for the help folks!

-James

728x90

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to HTF James.

I would get either this 14 gauge from monoprice (need 2) approx $40+shipping

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023902&p_id=2820&seq=1&format=2

Or Blue Jeans cable has a really nice 12 gauge (bigger than the 14 gauge) for approx $80 + shipping for 150ft:

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

Since you are running it through the attic make sure that the wire is CL2 or CL3 rated for in wall use (both of the examples I gave you are).

Enjoy your new speakers.

MadDogg2014

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Awesome! I got my sub woofer cable from blue jeans, completely forgot to check out their other cables. I've heard good things about monoprice as well. Now to decide which one to get. Thanks again!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
No problem. Have fun up in the attic during the summer running which ever one you decide to get . Monoprice has great prices, but Blue Jeans has great quality cables at very reasonable prices so I would lean towards them if the price didn't break the bank.

Disclaimer: Blue Jeans is an advertiser here on the site but I'd have the same recommendation even if they weren't.

MadDogg2014

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Ya, going up tomorrow to do some measuring, not looking forward to it. I'm leaning toward Blue Jeans too, the build quality of the sub woofer cable I got from them was really good. One thing on both these site's that I'm not seeing is if they are ok for outdoor, just need to make sure they are ok for outdoor. Sorry meant to mention that the fist time I replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks