1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How to wirelessly stream to old stereo system?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Ronald Epstein, May 22, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Have outdoor speakers wired to a receiver indoors, that's about 30 years old.

I would like to use my iPad and/or Galaxy tablet while I am outdoors on the patio (in range of the indoor receiver) to stream whatever music I select to that receiver.

I used to have an Apple product (think it was the Airport) that wired into the stereo and allowed Airplay, but it was so "wonky" and often disconnected that I ended up throwing it out.

Don't want to spend a lot of money. Would rather use a WiFi device than Bluetooth.

What would you recommend? Apple compatible is preferred but if cheaper, I would gladly go with an Android compatible device.

Thanks

2. YANG

YANG Supporting Actor

Bluetooth receiver is much more budget friendly than WiFi receiver. So far that's what i observed from eBay listings.

3. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    Are you trying to cast from your phone or just control sources/content you already have?
    If it the latter, it would be easy to control a Plex server (in the house, connected to your stereo) from your phone (I do it from poolside, which I imagine is further than a patio). And Plex now lets you tie into Tidal, so you can go beyond your own collection. (I couldn't get Tidal to work using my Roku client, just from my phone client; but that won't be a problem for your situation.)

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein