What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (2 Viewers)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Well, that title is better than the rumored “Indy” title.

I loved the trailer and it looks like a lot of fun.

I hated the music in the trailer. Sounded like a cheap synth mock-up of the theme. I’m so glad John Williams is doing the actual score, which will be his final score released of his career.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That light speed jump has me intrigued.

That must be a moment of a time jump right?

I don’t think they will be killing him off.
Thinking maybe he goes into a time gate and we don’t see him again or something in that line. Possibly the way Sam Beckett disappears in Quantum Leap.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Could they have come up with a better title than Dial of Destiny?!? It makes it sound like, "Hey, Indie - spin the wheel. Buy a vowel. Win a prize."

I can't imagine this one being good with or without Lucas' input.

Harrison Ford is past his prime. No offence. It happens to us all.

But that ship has sailed. He's no longer on it. And having others do the heavy lifting during the action sequences (which is likely to happen) while still keeping his character's name as part of the title and the star of the show is, well. weak, shameless marketing at best.

They recast Bond when he gets old. Could they not have done a reboot here with a younger star toting the whip? Alan Ritchson gets my vote for the new Indie.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Could they have come up with a better title than Dial of Destiny?!? It makes it sound like, "Hey, Indie - spin the wheel. Buy a vowel. Win a prize."

I dunno. It has pedigree...of a sort...

Tenacious_d_in_the_pick_of_destiny_ver3.jpg

How can you argue with "The Greatest Motion Picture of All Time"?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yep --- Mel said they will probably start early 2023 but WB merger is the hold up and this trailer fan made is stunning
But this is a thread about Indiana Jones 5...not Lethal Weapon 5, right, LOL!! I know they're both featuring old guys but..?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I enjoyed the trailer and found nothing wrong with the title at all. I look forward to seeing it when it debuts in theaters and, if I like it, will certainly purchase it on physical media when it becomes available. It's the last go-around for Harrison, so I hope it will be a rousing send-off!

I also hope the rumors of an Indy series on Disney+ come to fruition. I love the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles/The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones and own it on DVD (although it was too bad that nearly all of the bookends with the older Indy were cut, just like I wish the older Galen's openings and closings for the five Planet of the Apes telefilms would have been included both the five telefilms and Galen's openings and closings in the Planet of the Apes Complete Series DVD release). I always thought Indy could work in both live-action and animated formats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks