What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
What does everyone think of the de aged Harrison Ford in the trailer. Realistic or not?

1669937436224.png

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Still frame always looks good. Motion and especially talking is the problem. Was it confirmed they have done it with deep fake like what they did with Luke in the Mandalorian?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Hate the title, but that's not really that important.

Most of the trailer looks fantastic, though I'm a little leery of the underwater sequence, and the night-time train scene looked a little bad CGI-ish. But it looks infinitely better than Crystal Skull.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Still frame always looks good. Motion and especially talking is the problem. Was it confirmed they have done it with deep fake like what they did with Luke in the Mandalorian?
It's a deep fake, but the technology and the expertise has evolved since Luke in "The Mandalorian". It was only a brief shot in the trailer, but it didn't trigger the uncanny effect of Luke or Tarkin.

But it looks infinitely better than Crystal Skull.
Let's hope the odd-even rule continues here.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I am no programmer and have no idea how the de-aging software works. But I have to believe the more reference data you can feed it on what the target should look like, the better it's likely to perform. Ford has no shortage of close-up facial footage available from whatever target age they want to shoot for, that I have to imagine the program, aside from being vastly improved due to the normal tech advancements over time, would have an easier time rendering a more lifelike young Ford. Unlike Hamill and Fisher, who were typecasted and didn't see much leading man/woman work, Ford has been a leading man continuously over the last four and a half decades.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Who does the voiceover at the beginning? The way it's edited, it seems like they want you to think it's John Rhys-Davies, but it doesn't really sound like him.

I didn't notice anything that stands out about the de-aging. I almost wish they'd use it more since the only thing that really sticks out for me as odd in the trailer is the scene at the very end. My brain is telling me that geezer Jones cannot move in the way that would be necessary to make the whip crack like that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It doesnt sound like him but in the preview I saw there is subtitles and it says his characters name

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It doesnt sound like him but in the preview I saw there is subtitles and it says his characters name
Interesting. The voiceover sounds completely different from his voice when he appears on-screen.

At first I thought it was Marcus Brody, but he's dead at this point in the timeline.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's a deep fake, but the technology and the expertise has evolved since Luke in "The Mandalorian". It was only a brief shot in the trailer, but it didn't trigger the uncanny effect of Luke or Tarkin.

Let's hope the odd-even rule continues here.
We’ll that rule doesn’t apply here as Temple Of Doom is miles better than Last Crusade! :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We’ll that rule doesn’t apply here as Temple Of Doom is miles better than Last Crusade! :D

Ha, for me it’s Raiders, Crystal Skull, Last Crusade, Temple. I love how different everyone’s rankings are. There’s a lot of agreement but nothing close to perfect consensus.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
The trailer doesn't tell us much, of course. But I'm getting a feeling of dread after watching it a few times.

I can't put my finger on it, but usually this feeling means I'm not likely to think much of this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks