JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks Roger, but the real point is if someone comes here and asks for advice, there are many factors to consider. I doubt the OP was asking "If I do this, will I be able to tolerate it?" Can in-wall speakers be acceptable, or even sound decent? Sure. Are you almost guaranteed of having a BETTER system without that limitation? Yes.

tysonschneider

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyson Schneider
I guess it also depends under what circumstances one is willing to sacrifice. In my front projection theater setup my fronts are hidden behind the screen. My surround speakers are not hidden and I have asked the wife to not have in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. Luckily for me she said I don't need to make that sacrifice but would do so for her in a second.

However for the dining room lcd television I would consider in-ceiling speakers as a viable option for the surround channels because we are not as picky about the listening experience for the casual viewing and console gaming in that room.

tysonschneider

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyson Schneider

BTW, This pretty much sums it all up. I don't think that anyone can argue with this logic. It all boils down to what one is willing to sacrifice.

Arjcm72

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Thank you for all the info and opinions. This is a lot to consider. The inwall was my wifes idea so that the kids would not mess with them. I am just wanting the best sound with the least trouble. The room is 15 x 20 x 9 tall. I have a 110 screen with Espon 1080p ub pro. So the picture is there.
One post suggested better power source, I am also open to that, but what is the answer. I am in a small town in TX with no real support other than a best buy near.
As far as on wall, I was looking at the Klipsch THX Ultras I think that they will mount on the wall? Polk THX in walls and the LCI where me second choice.
So any other thought would be most welcomed.

Thank you again.

TampaTom

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Greulich
I would imagine once you have the in wall speakers you are stuck with them. I would just like to have the option of changing up my setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks