What's new

In this corner: Paradigm Cinema vs. PSB Alpha Intro vs Energy Take5.2 vs JBL NSP1 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
I second Jeff Lam's comment on the upgrade to bookshelves being worth the money. Often the difference in price is very small.

A prime example of this is illustrated on the buyer's guide I linked to above. The Axiom Epic Mini uses small bookshelves for fronts instead of the satellites in the Epic Micro. There is a significant performance improvement and the MSRP for the whole package only jumps from $869 USD to $922 USD.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I am starting to think about going with at least bookshelf speakers now. I listened to Mission M72, M702E and M73 and was quite impressed, especially with with the M702E towers, which seem to have a might better bass response than the M73's. I think I will have a budget of roughly $1000 canadian...so something like $550 for the mains (M702E's), $225 for the rears (M70's), and $225 for the center (???). I will probably skip out on the sub for the time being. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Chris

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
I was interested in the M series Mission myself, but have not had a chance to listen to them. How is the center channel? Is that the one that is kind of curved and hi-tech looking?

Hi Brian,

Actually, the dealer I was at didn't have a great setup and I didn't get a chance to listen to the center channel. Next time I am calling ahead so that can get everything setup for me, and I will be going equipped with DVD and CD's. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks