What's new

In Ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

David_Anton

Auditioning
New to the forum and the whole HT scene and have a few questions.

I am building a new house soon and want to have in ceiling speakers. I am looking for nice affordable speakers. I have found ArchiTech Kevlar SC620KE 6 1/2" speakers and Infinity ERS 110 6 1/2" speakers for about $129 a pair and am trying to decide between the two. They will be hooked up to my new Yamaha RX-V657 reciever. Anyone have any experience with either of these? Or know of a better choice for around $150 a pair? They will be going into a Family Room which is where the main TV watching will go on at. The room measures 18' x 12'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

John S

Senior HTF Member
I strongly suggest going up to the Infinity 210 level.
I just have not had good luck with any sort of performance on lesser models than those.

The idea is already a massive compromise on performance as it is.

David_Anton

Auditioning
John,

I thought the 210s were for in wall and not in ceiling.

And what about the ArchiTech Kevlar speakers? Any advice about those?

Also, what are some other good in ceiling speakers or a 7.1 speaker package that I can get for around $800. I am not looking for best on the block here, just good sound. This will be my first ever surround sound system.

David

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm.. I didn't know there was any difference bewteen in-wall and in-cieling. I have installed the 210's in cielings quite a bit. One guy, every single room in his house has them in the cieling.....

I haven't ever tried the ArchiTech Kevlar stuff. So if you go that route, please please post back with your impressions. I'm always looking for alternatives.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
In-ceiling speakers are usually round. They look better than squares or rectangles. In-wall and in-ceiling speakers work interchangably, but round ones look funny in walls and square ones look funny in ceilings. If you're going for in-ceiling speakers you might as well make them look good. I have Proficient in-ceiling speakers in my house and I've been extremely happy with them.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I'm I'm currently looking at in-ceiling speakers for a secondary HT and was given the suggestion for Jamo speakers.......any thoughts on those?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Philip,
Which model of Profecient do you have?

I was recommended to use either of the ERS Infinity's mentioned.

Chad

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For surround it's OK, but I would recommend against using in-ceiling for the front speakrs.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have a couple of C600TTs for full-range background music, and a pair of C610s as rear surrounds in my DPL bedroom. I'm very happy with all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks