What's new

Imax - Nationwide List of Movies being Shown? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We'll be in LR soon, and of course the LR Imax is not showing Superman. During the 12 years we lived there, I don't think they showed even one feature film. So I thought, surely Memphis would be showing it, but nooooooo, they are not.

I can't find a comprehensive listing of the Imax theaters in which Superman is being shown. Every site I've found wants a zip code and than tells me, sorry charlie.

I just want a list of all the Imax theaters showing Superman so I can see if there's one within a reasonable drive.

There is one 1.5 hours away from us in FL, but we are in pre-moving panic mode and I doubt we'll find the time to get there.

We were really impressed when we saw Polar Express at the Imax and really wanted to take in Superman this way, whether 3D or not.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, I have. But you have to search state by state, city by city, no over all list. I am surprised at how few Imax's show feature movies. The St Louis Imax (isn't that a large market) does not have it. It looks like driving to World Golf Village before we move is our best shot.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Right you are. Thanks for that link.

However, we decided to bite the bullet and will go see Superman at the Imax at World Golf Village in St. Augustine, FL. About an hours drive from us. I don't think this one supports 3D but we were definitely wowed when we saw the Polor Express at this theater.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Well, the feature films on IMAX thing is a fairly recent phenomenon - arguably started by Fantasia 2000, but probably made more "populist" by the Matrix Reloaded releases that did pretty well for WB.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The reason the IMAX in St. Louis doesn't show commercial movies is that it is part of the St. Louis Science Center, so they tend towards the educational features like Mysteries of Egypt etc.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Good news for HTFers in Little Rock. A theatrical Imax will be opened in a shoping center now being built in the Chenal area. The shopping center will open in the spring. The article was not clear if the theater would open then too.

It will be a multiplex with one Imax screen. The same article also mentioned that the Col Glenn Rave theaters are moving to all digital projectors. I believe the Imax theater will be all digital too, but don't remember if the article stated that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks