What's new

Ideas for specific speakers to look at. (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok here is the deal I am planning to upgrade in a year or so once i get my own place. (all budget prices are canadian)

my budget is about 1000 for a sub, so im pretty sure i will get an SVS, not sure what one exactly yet.

and 2000 per pair fo front and rear, i will also need at least one center, preferrably 2

I can get boston, B&W, PSB, and i think paradigm. what recommendations do you guys ahve?

my plan is to go full range, and let the SVS fill in the lower band under 40 hz i figure given my budget.

gregD

Second Unit
Since you're in Canada...

If music matters to you, give Totem Acoustics a listen.

The others you list are fine products too.

Give some consideration to the room they'll be in (if possible), and the amp / receiver that will drive them.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well I want to buy local so totems are out.

I have no idea what the room will be so no dice there, but the receiver is a Yamaha RX-V1300 110 W per channel

DylanTS

Auditioning
I recently went around auditioning speakers, and heard PSB, B&W, and Paradigm -- and I decided to go with Paradigm. The PSB's were nice but seemed pretty pricey. I actually liked these more than the B&W comparable speakers. The only place I could find B&W speakers was at the Home Theater Store, and they're way overpriced.

I finally ended up listening to Paradigm's performance series which was fairly cheap and had a nice sound. I went into the next room and heard the monitor speakers which pretty much blew me away (in terms of the speakers I had heard in that price range). I personally settled on the Monitor 7's and found that these speakers really had a nice midrange, but of course you'll need to listen and decide for yourself. (I didn't let myself listen to Paradigm's more expensive Studio series for my wallet's sake).

Anyway, that's what I did and I'm very happy with the results -- to say the least.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I like the Rockets (avs123.com) but I do not know how much the shipping and duty would be for you. For a second choice you can't go wrong with Paridigm's. This is just my personal opinion and yours and others may differ.

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
I would give PSB a serious look, you should be able to get a nice deal on them there in Canada. Excellent sound quality and bang for the buck.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
also check the mission speakers they are good also same as the energy and the ahtenas :b you can't go wrong with either of them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks