iControl? (1 Viewer)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
WOW!!
Is this stuff cool or what?
Who has used this?
Time Warner Cable has this movie channel that allows you to order movies at anytime you want, no waiting.
The new movies are only $3.95
and others are $1.95!
The best part is that you can pause or rewind in case you need to go to the bathroom or sompin :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...Insight Digital cable has a similar service called inDemand in my area. Pretty kewl...but after checking around...most films aren't in OAR.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
most films aren't in OAR
Oh so what. The quality is also around VHS quality too. Who cares. If I watch a movie on TV I'm not expecting quality, I'm just expecting the movie. If I want quality I'll rent a dvd.

I'm in Austin and we've had it for a long time now. Never used it though. How responsive are the controls when you pause, rewind, stop or fast forward it since it has to send a signal out to the server which has to stop streaming it. We also got HBO-on-demand here too. A library of HBO shows and movies thats works like the video on demand. The library changes every month. The only downside is that you must subscribe to HBO first and then its an additional $6 something a month. But you get to watch all you want for that $6.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'm just expecting the movie.
I'm just expecting a quality presentation. As such, for them to get any continuous stream of revenue from me, it will have to be near-DVD quality and OAR. Otherwise, I'll try it once or twice for the gee-wiz, and that will be it.

I just got it Wednesday, with my new 3100HD box. The old 2000HD wouldn't do iControl.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks