What's new

I was in a local Wal Mart today (Dukes of Hazzard discs) (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Walking through the Media Section and Found Seasons 4-7 of The Dukes of Hazzard on Sale for 39.96. I almost bought them because I have the original Warner Brother's releases on the Doublesided discs (Which has been Discussed at Length in regard to Doublesided media having possible defects.) I assume these would have been single sided ?? I ultimately passed on them because Seasons 1-3 were not included

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sure they were-- but even if they were, why would you pass up the opportunity to replace at least some of the originals with these newer singles?

I know I kicked myself for doing it after the fact .. I will likely go back and get them or order them. I was over my disposable allowance I guess LOL

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I know I kicked myself for doing it after the fact .. I will likely go back and get them or order them. I was over my disposable allowance I guess LOL

Fair enough reason-- still hope you get them soon!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey John was that on DVD or Blu-ray, you did not mention it. Since you did mention double sided disc I am assuming it was DVD.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
While it is nice to have all the seasons on single sided discs now, the new release omits some of the bonus features from the original release. No audio commentaries or Dukesvision commentaries were included on the new releases. 4-5 episodes are crammed onto each disc as well instead of the 3 episodes that were on each disc in the original release.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
While it is nice to have all the seasons on single sided discs now, the new release omits some of the bonus features from the original release. No audio commentaries or Dukesvision commentaries were included on the new releases. 4-5 episodes are crammed onto each disc as well instead of the 3 episodes that were on each disc in the original release.

And there's the rub-- would you rather have defective doubles with all the bonuses and fewer episodes on each disc, or possibly better-working singles with few, if any, bonuses (possibly none)?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Some of these sets are the original format. I purchased “The Addam’s Family” at a bargain price at Walmart a couple of months ago, and was astonished to see “flipper discs” when I went to play them. They all played perfectly by the way.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was fortunate when I bought all the original release copies of seasons 1 - 7, only one disc was defective (I think from Season 2?). Luckily WB replaced it quickly. They had/have great customer service. I sure do wish these would be released on bluray. The HD transfers obviously exist.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Methinks not everyone has noted the sarcasm in Mr. Bowie's posts.

While I'm not a fan of The Dukes of Hazzard myself, I am a big fan of Catherine Bach and her "Daisy Dukes."

94981fb45d161d56bf82a20b2a20ee61.jpg

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

While I'm personally not a fan of The Dukes of Hazzard, I am a big fan of Catherine Bach and her Daisy Dukes.

94981fb45d161d56bf82a20b2a20ee61.jpg

Alright Alright Alright..., So theres something for everyone :rolling-smiley::rolling-smiley:

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
Sarcasm? Not at all. In fact I'm imagining a future in which these DVDs are obsolete because you could just implant The Dukes of Hazzard on a chip in your brain. Then The Dukes of Hazzard would be up there floating around in your grey matter, every waking minute, and in your dreams too.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I just picked up the set at my local wal mart, saved a couple of dollars by ordering on line with local pickup. As far as the show is concerned it's just good clean fun with great action, great stunts, and some hilarious outrageous characters like Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coltrane. It satisfies my need for action and makes me laugh at the same time. If you want the first three seasons Amazon has that set for $30 and I think the Wal Mart web page had it for $32. Combined you get the entire series for less than $0.50 per episode.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just picked up the set at my local wal mart, saved a couple of dollars by ordering on line with local pickup. As far as the show is concerned it's just good clean fun with great action, great stunts, and some hilarious outrageous characters like Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coltrane. It satisfies my need for action and makes me laugh at the same time. If you want the first three seasons Amazon has that set for $30 and I think the Wal Mart web page had it for $32. Combined you get the entire series for less than $0.50 per episode.

I ordered Season 1-3 from Amazon and 4-7 from Walmart.com. Its a good time to do so considering its Tax refund season l:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks