What's new

I was in a local Wal Mart today (Dukes of Hazzard discs) (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And if I remember right the sets used to be pretty expensive so these prices are pretty close to a low also.

I have the originals too so if the extras aren't there its no big deal. I will just be glad to have a full single sided release without all the freezes and skips

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Can someone comment on the pq of the single sided discs? I'm thinking about maybe going for these since I have a few that have frozen up on me.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have the originals too so if the extras aren't there its no big deal. I will just be glad to have a full single sided release without all the freezes and skips

So basically, you're just in for the show-- all the extraneous material doesn't really mean that much to you?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So basically, you're just in for the show-- all the extraneous material doesn't really mean that much to you?

Well, the Extras on the original Warner releases seem to play well.. So I will keep them .. The skips and freezing happened during episodes

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Well, the Extras on the original Warner releases seem to play well.. So I will keep them .. The skips and freezing happened during episodes

That's interesting-- that the defective parts were just in the episodes, and not on the bonuses!

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Can someone comment on the pq of the single sided discs? I'm thinking about maybe going for these since I have a few that have frozen up on me.
I don't have the double sided "flipper discs" but I compared season 4 episode 1 Mrs. Daisy Hogg on the DVD to the Amazon Prime "HD Widescreen" version and at least in my system preferred the DVD. The HD copy was fine but sometimes at least to me the cleaned up copies look a little "processed" and less organic especially the skin tones.

By the way Deep discount has a 15% sale going through tomorrow and you can get seasons 1-4 for $34.76 and 1-3 for $27.20 with free shipping excluding any sales tax for your location and any cash back that you may get with your credit card.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Amazon also has Episodes Out of Order They have Carnival of thrills as Season 2 .. Its season 3

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The HD copy was fine but sometimes at least to me the cleaned up copies look a little "processed" and less organic especially the skin tones.

Does it look like heavy DNR, where people's faces look like figures in a "wax museum" ?

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Does it look like heavy DNR, where people's faces look like figures in a "wax museum" ?
It's not that bad but I know what you're talking about. It wasn't bad and if I didn't have the DVD it would be fine. Given the choice though I will watch the DVDs

Last edited:

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I got my season 1-3 set. In sets of one at a time. All single sided and all extras included. Season 4-7 should arrive tomorrow
Yes, I just received mine and was happy to see the extras. Also the first three seasons are in separate cases for each season unlike 4-7 which is one big case.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yes, I just received mine and was happy to see the extras. Also the first three seasons are in separate cases for each season unlike 4-7 which is one big case.

Why are the first three seasons' worth in separate releases, and the last four in one release?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why are the first three seasons' worth in separate releases, and the last four in one release?

I’m not sure. I ordered season 1-3 from amazon. Then went on looking for 4-7 on Amazon and didn’t find it. So I went to wal mart’s website and ordered season 4-7

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I haven't watched an episode from the first three seasons yet but the single sided discs have the same type of label as 4-7. The release date for 4-7 is 2018 and 1-3 is 2017.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Passed by Wallyworld and saw they have the season 2 set on the shelves.

Reading the back cover, it quoted that there were 5 discs in this Dukes of Hazzard season 2 set. So I'm guessing this is the single-sided discs version with four or five episodes per disc ?

(The original version had four double-sided flipper discs, where each flipper face had three episodes).

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Passed by Wallyworld and saw they have the season 2 set on the shelves.

Reading the back cover, it quoted that there were 5 discs in this Dukes of Hazzard season 2 set. So I'm guessing this is the single-sided discs version with four or five episodes per disc ?

(The original version had four double-sided flipper discs, where each flipper face had three episodes).
23 episodes for season 2 (1979-80), so six discs with four episodes on the first five discs and three on the sixth.

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks