What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

I want Beverly Hillbillies Season 1 on DVD (1 Viewer)

markWill

Auditioning
by going to paramount.com and going thru thier contact us link... the more people write to them the more the beverly hillbillies will be brought to thier attention and they may realise that the episodes may be of value to them by either selling them or releasing them season by season till thier all available as if they dont we may not see many of those episodes again in our lifetime... and if the original film that they were put on is not transfered to either video or better still dvd the prints may deteriorate to the point where there unwatchable...and we may lose them for good if thier not saved soon as we have no way of nowing if paramount have them on the original film or they have been transfered to something longer lasting like dvd which lasts up to 100 years apparently, so i urge everyone to get writing, the more we write the more they will think about wether they will release these episodes...otherwise thay may just forget they have them and do nothing about them... thinking no one wants to see them anyway if we let them know we want these episodes released they may just grant us our wish...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Time for a wingding ! I got my set in today. I'm thrilled to have these first classic episodes remastered and uncut. I'm guessing most fans have never seen the original versions.

However, I must say that the packaging for this set stinks. It has those damned thick plastic disc holders that flip back and forth in the middle of the case. UGH ! This release deserved better. I think individual cases would have been much better and allowed for lots of those great old cast photos to be used.

markWill

Auditioning
if anyone write to paramount and gets a reply please post it up here to let us know what chance to rest of us writers have of getting paramount to release the rest of the episodes... remember the more we all write the more they will realise that were here and we want the rest of the hillbillies... so quick all lets get writing....hopefully we'll get positive news from them...

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure that most transfers today are still to a video format, albeit a high-quality digital one.

I don't think any of the studios back up their masters to a recordable DVD source. All DVDs, I think, are replicated from some sort of videotape master. When shows are remastered from the original elements, the resulting master is a videotape, not a disc. Not sure it it's just due to the ease of editing or the fact that the longevity of DVDs hasn't exactly had real-word proof yet (video, however, has been around long enough for people to see how long it will last. At optimal conditions, videotape has exceeded initial longevity expectations, from what I recall reading).

Heck, as far as consumer formats go, D-VHS (digital VHS) outperforms all of the consumer DVD recordable formats when it comes to resolution and is the only consumer set-top recording device currently available that is capable of getting the most resolution from HD broadcasts (more lines of resolution than the DVD-/+ formats). It's all down to marketing: the consumers want the smaller, cheaper discs and players/recorders, not the bulkier, more expensive digital videotapes and VCRs.

VHS may be dead/dying (a consumer format), but higher-resolution tape formats (production/industrial) still remail a standard.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
These releases are marvelous, actually.
Yes, it is disappointing that MPI does not have control over more episodes,
but i am grateful for what is here.

I had read long ago that "black and white"
was very unpopular in some syndicator's minds at one time (perhaps still).
the first two black and white "Petticoat" episodes
were *never* syndicated and that is the reason given.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks