What's new

CBS Press Release: The Beverly Hillbillies Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
shoeshineboy said:
Spent 30 minutes digging around the Bellingham store - what a mess! DVDs are basically limited to 3 shelves and the darn barrels; staff is both unprepared and unwilling ing to assist.... While I love the product (if I find it) and the price point, but there is a lot to hate about the Walmart shopping experience.
Exactly. I still haven't found it at the local Walmart (I wound up going through eBay and actually found it cheaper even w/ shipping). The electronics dude at least spent 30 minutes looking through boxes on the floor and the back but never could find it. It's like my mother suggesting I ask a Walmart associate what bulb I needed for my taillight on my van. They don't know these things!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I check a lot of my local Walmarts on a regular basis. I hadn't seen either TBH or PJ until Monday when I saw them both and then again Tuesday at a different store when I again saw them both. These releases seem to be rolling out slowly over the country. By a week from now, I would expect them to be in about every store.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
With Cbs releasing these 2 shows at 2 exclusive brick and mortar stores,is internet only sales
coming soon?

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I found it very easily at my local Walmart. CBS did a very good job on it. It puts the episodes that I have to shame.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
After scanning my two local Wal-Mart stores, I noticed that both sets have sold out (they originally had at least 10 copies of each set). Between the thousands of b&m locations and online sales, I'd imagine that these have been very strong sellers, which should bode well for any future releases.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Now I'm worried; if WA was putting this out, they'd note the success of sales then shuffle it to MOD, thus doubling the cost (while halving the production costs)... Of course, the mob would shout 'Hurrah! Now we get it faster!' -- even though they were already getting a show like Maverick in better time than it was issued in its original run (on TV)...

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ordered this from Wal-Mart online today. Looking forward to it, especially since I never thought I would see it. I remember season two came out and three was REALLY fast on its heels...then nothing.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Still can't find BHB or PJ sets at my local Walmart's . Waited 10 min for sales person to look it up . She then told me they haven't got them in yet . Not too sure she had a clue one way or another .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went to one of the 2 stores here this morning and saw 3 copies of TBH and 2 of PJ with 3+ of the PJ S1/S2 combo pack. They were in the middle of what looked to be a "reset" of much of the TVonDVD product so I don't know if there were more copies in the piles of DVDs all over the floor.

I have to go to the other store tomorrow (has different stock and carries products we prefer that the one closest does not) for a few things and will look there as well "just because". I also look at the DVDs and games every time I go in a WM just in case they have something really cheap and/or "rare".

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I gave up after 2 stores didn't have them in stock. Yesterday I scored both on eBay for a Buy-it-Now price of $18.99 each from the same seller.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That 2nd store (larger of the 2) had 1 copy each of TBH and PJ with 2 copies of the S1/S2 PJ set. So they are either selling well or stores are not getting many copies. I tend to think they're selling well - at least here in the Mid-South.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I caught a little bit of Petticoat Junction on Me-TV this morning (it was just recently added to Directv as one of our "local" channels) and had forgotten what a cute show it was. I guess I'll be adding S1-3 of it pretty soon.

I'm still enjoying S4 of TBH and am almost through the 2nd disk. I miss having the sponsor spots like the previous seasons but I can live without them. It's funny that I can still remember lines from episodes all these years later!

Now to get Green Acres and Mayberry RFD to DVD (though not CBS properties) and the rural TV lovers dream will be pretty complete. Unedited episodes of The Real McCoys would be nice but I'm not holding my breath on those. :(

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm sure somebody mentioned this, but I just got my set and this is the most bizarre box cover art I can remember seeing. Did someone who works for Wal-Mart design it? Whatever legal limitations they might have been working with (I assume that was the impetus), I could have designed a better cover than this in 5 minutes using Photoshop. Egads.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Carabimero said:
I'm sure somebody mentioned this, but I just got my set and this is the most bizarre box cover art I can remember seeing. Did someone who works for Wal-Mart design it? Whatever legal limitations they might have been working with (I assume that was the impetus), I could have designed a better cover than this in 5 minutes using Photoshop. Egads.
Yes, I mentioned it and CBS's history of bad TBH cover art on the first page of this thread. It's even more surprising than you think.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carabimero said:
It's basically a rip from the Timeless release of a few years ago:

51yv49GMSeL._SY300_.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ron1973 said:
It's basically a rip from the Timeless release of a few years ago:

51yv49GMSeL._SY300_.jpg
And I saw this release in the "Bargain TV" free-standing rack for ~$10. At least it wasn't right next to the new release but I'm sure that cover will confuse some and they'll pick it up instead.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I can't believe CBS couldn't spring for a new cover. It's not rocket science. And it I can't see how it would cost that much to do something at least 1/4 decent. Not that it really matters for the episodes, but where's the PRIDE?

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carabimero said:
I can't believe CBS couldn't spring for a new cover. It's not rocket science. And it I can't see how it would cost that much to do something at least 1/4 decent. Not that it really matters for the episodes, but where's the PRIDE?
I don't honestly think they have any pride for it sometimes.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think most of the people do have pride but the system they work in, a system run by lawyers, bloated with bureaucracy, disconnects the people with talent from being able to do their jobs to the utmost. I’m almost sure there was someone there dying to do a bang-up cover but they couldn’t for some convoluted legal reason. Just my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks