What's new

3D I, THE JURY 3D (1953) at the TCM Film Festival 4/22/2022 (3 Viewers)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Maybe a 3D Blu-Ray release in the future?

1i.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mr. Furmanek: is there now any new hope for I, THE JURY 3D on Blu-ray?

As for INVADERS FROM MARS, wouldn't this announcement suggest that, at least, a proper element is available from which to produce Blu-ray's? Mr. Williams?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That is news! Where is the BD?

Also! on the 23rd, they are showing the restored 1953 INVADERS FROM MARS…that’s news!!!
I've been all about this for decades!! They mention a new restoration, but not by who? Thrilled but still filled with questions...I would be the first in line to see it in the theaters, I was not able to see it in 1953, since I wasn't born until mid 54, LOL!!! Anyone know which company oversaw the restoration?
https://filmfestival.tcm.com/programs/films/invaders-from-mars/

Attachments

• 1953_invaders_from_mars_018-jimmy-hunt.jpg
    1953_invaders_from_mars_018-jimmy-hunt.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 84
  • de80205b8cf173c23f76384620a3708a.png
    de80205b8cf173c23f76384620a3708a.png
    672.2 KB · Views: 80
  • hillarybrooke.jpg
    hillarybrooke.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 91
  • ifm-sand-pit-hill.jpg
    ifm-sand-pit-hill.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 94

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Mr. Furmanek: is there now any new hope for I, THE JURY 3D on Blu-ray?

As for INVADERS FROM MARS, wouldn't this announcement suggest that, at least, a proper element is available from which to produce Blu-ray's? Mr. Williams?
At Scott MacQueen’s linkedin page, he says that Invaders From Mars is the camera negative and restored in 4K

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I bet it’s all BS about IFM and ITJ in 3D.
TCM is advertising I The Jury as being presented in digital 3D. Don’t know why you would doubt that. Nobody said anything about Invaders from Mars being 3D, and why would it? It was shot in 2D and nobody is doing conversions anymore.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
TCM is advertising I The Jury as being presented in digital 3D. Don’t know why you would doubt that. Nobody said anything about Invaders from Mars being 3D, and why would it? It was shot in 2D and nobody is doing conversions anymore.

Come on, I know that. I just put both titles together, that's all.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
It occurs to me to add, I have seen the film twice in dual-strip 35-millimeter 3-D. It looked terrific both times, and I can't say I remember seeing the issues my friends caught during Friday night's screening.
As to the April 22nd screening:

Was this a digital presentation? Was this some kind of restoration for future screenings?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Reviews from another site:
As to the April 22nd screening:

Was this a digital presentation? Was this some kind of restoration for future screenings?

Yes, see the bottom below "87m, Digital, 3D":

13d.jpg

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
QC'ing the 3D-restorations shortfalls Mike references would be nice. In any case, a 3D blu ray is a MUST. If we don't get one... that would be tragic.

I hope we get it released on Blu-ray also, and hopefully restored by The 3D Film Archive but Bob Furmanek did say a year ago:

"Other titles (The Glass Web, Nat King Cole with Russ Morgan's Orchestra, Hawaiian Nights, I the Jury, La Marca del Hombre Lobo aka Frankenstein's Bloody Terror) are tied up with complex legal issues and the miles of red tape have prevented any positive movement. After trying to obtain rights for the past decade, I have no reason to be optimistic these films will ever get cleared for 3-D Blu-ray release. I wish I could say otherwise."

Maybe things have changed since that time but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I hope we get it released on Blu-ray also, and hopefully restored by The 3D Film Archive but Bob Furmanek did say a year ago:

"Other titles (The Glass Web, Nat King Cole with Russ Morgan's Orchestra, Hawaiian Nights, I the Jury, La Marca del Hombre Lobo aka Frankenstein's Bloody Terror) are tied up with complex legal issues and the miles of red tape have prevented any positive movement. After trying to obtain rights for the past decade, I have no reason to be optimistic these films will ever get cleared for 3-D Blu-ray release. I wish I could say otherwise."

Maybe things have changed since that time but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong.
I think now is a very good time to chime in to confirm that we have licensed I, THE JURY (1953) for home video and will be releasing it later this year. It will be our first 4K release and our first 3-D release.

I, THE JURY (1953) has been restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive, in conjunction with PKL Pictures, LTD and Romulus Films, Limited.

Nothing more on the release at this time, but details to follow in the coming months.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think now is a very good time to chime in to confirm that we have licensed I, THE JURY (1953) for home video and will be releasing it later this year. It will be our first 4K release and our first 3-D release.

In regards to the 3-D presentation, the stereoscopic alignment/restoration will be will be performed by the 3-D Film Archive and will be exclusive to our release.

Nothing more on the release at this time, but details to follow in the coming months.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
That is great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks