What's new

4K restorations of East of Eden and Rio Bravo debut at TCM Film Festival 2023 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
The TCM Classic Film Festival has announced world premiere screenings of new 4K restorations of East of Eden and Rio Bravo at next year's festival.

Perhaps we'll see these released on 4K UHD Blu-ray next year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The TCM Classic Film Festival has announced world premiere screenings of new 4K restorations of East of Eden and Rio Bravo at next year's festival.

Both are original Warner titles and the studio is celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2023, so a 4K UHD release is a distinct possibility in my opinion.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

. . . . . and just the other day I posted in a different thread that a new 4K type transfer of Rio Bravo was something I really longed for! Many thanks for this very good news.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This is a link to the announced films. I assume it will be updated as new films are added to the Festival line up.

90th Anniversary of "Footlight Parade"
80th Anniversary of "Shadow of A Doubt"
70th Anniversary of "The Wild One" and "House of Wax"
50th Anniversary of "American Graffiti", The Exorcist", and "Enter The Dragon"

These are some of the films at this year's Festival.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
4K of Rio Bravo for me. I have the 3-D Blu-ray of House of Wax so not interested in a 4K 2D Blu-ray (although 4K is not mentioned.)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
More Festival news:
2023 TCM CLASSIC FILM FESTIVAL WILL HONOR PATRIZIA VON BRANDENSTEIN AND RUSS TAMBLYN

Each year the TCM Classic Film Festival pays tribute to a select group of individuals whose work in Hollywood has left a lasting impact on film. Von Brandenstein earned critical acclaim for her work on Six Degrees of Separation (1993) and the Academy Award for Best Art Direction for Amadeus (1984).

Tamblyn’s early training as a gymnast prepared him for one of his earliest roles in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) and he subsequently earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Peyton Place (1957). All four films will be screened at the Festival with introductions from von Brandenstein and Tamblyn. Both will sit down with TCM Hosts in Club TCM for extended conversations about their lives and work.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

I have noticed that Hitchcock’s The Man Who Knew Too Much, is going to be shown at the IMAX theater during the festival. Does anyone know if this is restored and is a new 4K scan?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I have noticed that Hitchcock’s The Man Who Knew Too Much, is going to be shown at the IMAX theater during the festival. Does anyone know if this is restored and is a new 4K scan?
There's no indication of it being a new 4K restoration on the film's entry on the TCM Film Festival website, just that it's a DCP.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
There's no indication of it being a new 4K restoration on the film's entry on the TCM Film Festival website, just that it's a DCP.

Universal is always tight lipped about it. Showing it in the Imax theater. I think Hitchcock Volume 3 4K is due in May....or did I dream that?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
HBO Max has both, Rio Bravo and East of Eden in 4K/Dolby Vision. By the way East of Eden has Dolby Atmos audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks