What's new

I saw (most of) Toy Story 3 last night (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Last night I saw an advanced screening of the "cliffhanger edition" Toy Story 3--just the first 65 minutes of the film. It was advertised as open to local college students, and they said that a student ID would be required to attend, but they never actually checked and several people in attendance were clearly not college students. The gentleman hosting the screening described it as part of a "focus group," but we were never asked what we thought of the movie or anything. Maybe he was just hanging out in the theater to gauge the audience reaction. He also raffled off a few Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Blu-rays and DVDs before the show (I didn't get one). I thought the film itself was great. Some parts were a little derivative of the previous films. I guess that's to be expected to a certain extent, but do we really need to see Buzz as the oblivious spaceman for the third film in a row? But it was not a huge issue. The film was funny, creepy, and charming, and I think it lives up to its predecessors completely. I really look forward to seeing how it ends when it's actually released in June.
Has anyone else had the opportunity to see one of these previews?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Wasn't it hard to watch two thirds of a movie? I imagine that if I finally got to see Toy Story 3, I'd want to see it entirely. I am a bit worried about the fact that there might be too many characters (several new ones, plus almost every familiar one), what are your thoughts on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks