What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

I never knew it had an experation date!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Marshmallow Fluff!!!!!!!

I thought the stuff would last through a nuclear holocaust! I just threw away a whole jar.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Marshmallow Fluff!!!!!!!

I thought the stuff would last through a nuclear holocaust! I just threw away a whole jar.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did it actually look bad, or did you just throw it away based on the date?

Expiration dates are seldom meaningful in themselves. If the food looks/smells bad, that's another thing.

But I have condiments in my fridge that are over a year past their dates but still look/smell/taste just fine.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did it actually look bad, or did you just throw it away based on the date?

Expiration dates are seldom meaningful in themselves. If the food looks/smells bad, that's another thing.

But I have condiments in my fridge that are over a year past their dates but still look/smell/taste just fine.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I used to eat that stuff like crazy when I was a kid. My wife thinks it's a nasty concept.

MMMMM Fluffernutters samich's...:D

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I used to eat that stuff like crazy when I was a kid. My wife thinks it's a nasty concept.

MMMMM Fluffernutters samich's...:D

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
When I put a knife in it to spread it...... it practically got stuck... it was like semi hard glue. So yes it was done!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
When I put a knife in it to spread it...... it practically got stuck... it was like semi hard glue. So yes it was done!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Food spoilage guide:
FREEZER FOODS:
ICE CREAM - If you can't tell the difference between your ice cubes and your ice cream, it's time to throw BOTH out.
FROZEN FOODS - Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the defrosting problem in your freezer compartment will probably be spoiled (or wrecked anyway) by the time you pry them out with a kitchen knife.

IN THE FRIDGE:
EGGS - When something starts pecking its way out of the shell, the egg is probably past its prime.
DAIRY PRODUCTS - Milk is spoiled when it starts to look like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it starts to look like cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to look like regular cheese. Regular cheese is nothing but spoiled milk anyway-if you can dig down and still find something non-green, bon appetite!.
MEAT - If opening the refrigerator door causes stray animals from a three-block radius to congregate outside your house, toss the meat.
LETTUCE - Bibb lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it off the bottom of the vegetable crisper without Comet and a brillo pad.
CARROTS - A carrot you can tie a clove hitch in is no longer fresh.
CHIP DIP - If you can take it out of its container and bounce it on the floor, it has gone bad.

ON THE SHELF:
CANNED GOODS - Any canned goods that have become the size or shape of a basketball should be disposed of... Very carefully.
FLOUR - Flour is bad if it wiggles.
WINE - Should not be confused with salad dressing.
POTATOES - Fresh potatoes do not have roots, branches, or dense, leafy undergrowth.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Food spoilage guide:
FREEZER FOODS:
ICE CREAM - If you can't tell the difference between your ice cubes and your ice cream, it's time to throw BOTH out.
FROZEN FOODS - Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the defrosting problem in your freezer compartment will probably be spoiled (or wrecked anyway) by the time you pry them out with a kitchen knife.

IN THE FRIDGE:
EGGS - When something starts pecking its way out of the shell, the egg is probably past its prime.
DAIRY PRODUCTS - Milk is spoiled when it starts to look like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it starts to look like cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to look like regular cheese. Regular cheese is nothing but spoiled milk anyway-if you can dig down and still find something non-green, bon appetite!.
MEAT - If opening the refrigerator door causes stray animals from a three-block radius to congregate outside your house, toss the meat.
LETTUCE - Bibb lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it off the bottom of the vegetable crisper without Comet and a brillo pad.
CARROTS - A carrot you can tie a clove hitch in is no longer fresh.
CHIP DIP - If you can take it out of its container and bounce it on the floor, it has gone bad.

ON THE SHELF:
CANNED GOODS - Any canned goods that have become the size or shape of a basketball should be disposed of... Very carefully.
FLOUR - Flour is bad if it wiggles.
WINE - Should not be confused with salad dressing.
POTATOES - Fresh potatoes do not have roots, branches, or dense, leafy undergrowth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks