I never knew it had an experation date!!!!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jesse Sharrow, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Marshmallow Fluff!!!!!!!

I thought the stuff would last through a nuclear holocaust! I just threw away a whole jar.

2. Jesse Sharrow

Marshmallow Fluff!!!!!!!

I thought the stuff would last through a nuclear holocaust! I just threw away a whole jar.

3. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

It seperates over time, looks nasty when it does

4. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

It seperates over time, looks nasty when it does

5. Alex S

Alex S Second Unit

mmm...fluff

6. Alex S

Alex S Second Unit

mmm...fluff

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Did it actually look bad, or did you just throw it away based on the date?

Expiration dates are seldom meaningful in themselves. If the food looks/smells bad, that's another thing.

But I have condiments in my fridge that are over a year past their dates but still look/smell/taste just fine.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Did it actually look bad, or did you just throw it away based on the date?

Expiration dates are seldom meaningful in themselves. If the food looks/smells bad, that's another thing.

But I have condiments in my fridge that are over a year past their dates but still look/smell/taste just fine.

9. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

I used to eat that stuff like crazy when I was a kid. My wife thinks it's a nasty concept.

MMMMM Fluffernutters samich's...[​IMG]

10. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

I used to eat that stuff like crazy when I was a kid. My wife thinks it's a nasty concept.

MMMMM Fluffernutters samich's...[​IMG]

11. Jesse Sharrow

When I put a knife in it to spread it...... it practically got stuck... it was like semi hard glue. So yes it was done!

12. Jesse Sharrow

When I put a knife in it to spread it...... it practically got stuck... it was like semi hard glue. So yes it was done!

13. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

http://www.a1usa.net/gary/expire.html

The thing I want to know is, how long have you had that jar of Fluff???? That's like having expired cereal or medicine. It takes like 4 years for it to expire so you must have had the jar for a LONG time.

14. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

http://www.a1usa.net/gary/expire.html

The thing I want to know is, how long have you had that jar of Fluff???? That's like having expired cereal or medicine. It takes like 4 years for it to expire so you must have had the jar for a LONG time.

15. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis

OK Alex, you stay away from my cat!

16. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis

OK Alex, you stay away from my cat!

17. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Food spoilage guide:
    FREEZER FOODS:
    ICE CREAM - If you can't tell the difference between your ice cubes and your ice cream, it's time to throw BOTH out.
    FROZEN FOODS - Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the defrosting problem in your freezer compartment will probably be spoiled (or wrecked anyway) by the time you pry them out with a kitchen knife.

IN THE FRIDGE:
    EGGS - When something starts pecking its way out of the shell, the egg is probably past its prime.
    DAIRY PRODUCTS - Milk is spoiled when it starts to look like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it starts to look like cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to look like regular cheese. Regular cheese is nothing but spoiled milk anyway-if you can dig down and still find something non-green, bon appetite!.
    MEAT - If opening the refrigerator door causes stray animals from a three-block radius to congregate outside your house, toss the meat.
    LETTUCE - Bibb lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it off the bottom of the vegetable crisper without Comet and a brillo pad.
    CARROTS - A carrot you can tie a clove hitch in is no longer fresh.
    CHIP DIP - If you can take it out of its container and bounce it on the floor, it has gone bad.

ON THE SHELF:
    CANNED GOODS - Any canned goods that have become the size or shape of a basketball should be disposed of... Very carefully.
    FLOUR - Flour is bad if it wiggles.
    WINE - Should not be confused with salad dressing.
    POTATOES - Fresh potatoes do not have roots, branches, or dense, leafy undergrowth.

18. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Food spoilage guide:
    FREEZER FOODS:
    ICE CREAM - If you can't tell the difference between your ice cubes and your ice cream, it's time to throw BOTH out.
    FROZEN FOODS - Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the defrosting problem in your freezer compartment will probably be spoiled (or wrecked anyway) by the time you pry them out with a kitchen knife.

IN THE FRIDGE:
    EGGS - When something starts pecking its way out of the shell, the egg is probably past its prime.
    DAIRY PRODUCTS - Milk is spoiled when it starts to look like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it starts to look like cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to look like regular cheese. Regular cheese is nothing but spoiled milk anyway-if you can dig down and still find something non-green, bon appetite!.
    MEAT - If opening the refrigerator door causes stray animals from a three-block radius to congregate outside your house, toss the meat.
    LETTUCE - Bibb lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it off the bottom of the vegetable crisper without Comet and a brillo pad.
    CARROTS - A carrot you can tie a clove hitch in is no longer fresh.
    CHIP DIP - If you can take it out of its container and bounce it on the floor, it has gone bad.

ON THE SHELF:
    CANNED GOODS - Any canned goods that have become the size or shape of a basketball should be disposed of... Very carefully.
    FLOUR - Flour is bad if it wiggles.
    WINE - Should not be confused with salad dressing.
    POTATOES - Fresh potatoes do not have roots, branches, or dense, leafy undergrowth.

19. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"That's like having expired cereal" 1 year to 18 months on the cereal.

B

20. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"That's like having expired cereal" 1 year to 18 months on the cereal.

B