What's new

I need help please FAST (1 Viewer)

JosephHAU

Auditioning
Alright guys, I got a Kenwood VR-505 system of my GFs dad. I already have a system for my TV, this one is for my Computer. I have a Audigy 2 platinum pro sound car with optical outputs. I ran this straight into the back a the reciever. I got everything working, but the Subwoofer. The Sub is unfortunatly an un powered sub that runs of the rear speaker outputs, and then outputs signal to the rear surrounds. I am not expecting much, but the sub does not work at all unless I am in Arena mode. Any help would be appreciated.

John S

Senior HTF Member
In tru DD and or DTS, I am sure the sub would have to power off the front speakers if not powered for any sort of good response.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

Thats your problem. The subwoofer only 'sees' low frequency signals if the game tries to send low frequency sounds to the rears and the reciever let it.

Here is the trick: You have to tell your reciever what speakers are LARGE (can handle low frequency sounds) and what speakers cannot.

Do this:

- Connect the sub to your FRONT speaker outputs (yes, from reciever to sub, then more wire from the sub to the L/R speakers).

- Go to the reciever setup menu. Tell it:

Center : Small
L/R: Large
Rears: Small
Subwoofer: None

Your reciever will now do it's "Bass Management" trick. Any ".1" sound from a DVD or low-frequency sound from the center or rears will be routed to the Front L/R speaker outputs.

That should fix things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks