What's new

I need cables now (1 Viewer)

David Ki

Agent
As I said before, this is from personal experience, I don't judge a product without using it. I certainly wouldn't knock a product just because one company say theirs is better.
Here were my troubles:
Radioshack splitter: This was A 2-way Radioshack splitter. Used to display a cable signal on two different TVs. On one, it displayed a decent picture with very very light snow, on the other (20 feet away) the picture was useless displaying a constant rolling picture and rarely displayed the correct picture. Later replaced with a 3-way Monster splitter between 3 Tvs with no snow or rolling pictures on any of the three.
Radioshack s-video cable: used for DVD player to TV. Displayed a constant diagonal white lines on the TV. Later replaced with Monster s-video which did not have that problem.
Radioshack Mini to RCA cable: used to connect Computers sound card to receiver. This one took me forever to figure out, and when I did it was by dumb luck. I leave my computer on 24/7 and this particular connection caused a loud buzz noise on my receiver no matter what mode my receiver was set to. I always thought I just had a bad receiver. But then one day I had everything on while I was on my computer and I manage to crash Windows (like its that hard) and had to reboot. And for some strange reason while the computer was off, I noticed the buzz noise had disappeared from the receiver and I had a perfect sound for the first time in months. This one was also replaced by the monster version of the same wire and it also had no problems. It was so nice to get to turn the volume down to a reasonable level, I always had it turned way up to cover the buzz noise before.
I have a Radioshack Y-adapter which is the only Radioshack brand wire that I have had no problems with. If they would give me the same results, I would much rather buy the cheaper wire. Still have the S-video and Mini to RCA wire in my closet, I have no way to prove the audio wire, but if anybody was to see what the s-video wire does I would be more than happy to dig it out and take a picture.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Another vote for CatCables (Custom Audio Transmissions).
Doug is excellent in giving advice and making sure you get the right cable for your needs.
I have three sets now and am really happy with them.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Gentlemen:
This is not a battle ground for putting down a particular brand of products. Keep to the subject at hand.
I can also recommend Brad with Bettercables as I have them in my own system and he is very easy to work with.
Parker

Charbel

Agent
"I can also recommend Brad with Bettercables as I have them in my own system and he is very easy to work with."
Parker
I purchased the BetterCables Silver Serpent audio interconnects for the five channels. I`m sure they`ll be adequate.
I`m not the upgrade type (although I`ve done it) I just like to buy pretty good quality and have them for a LONG time.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Charbel:
You sound like me. I like to get the best I can afford at the time and good quality. I know you will be happy with your BC setup. I am sure that you will find them even more than adequate.
Let us know what you think after you get them.
Parker

Charbel

Agent
I`m sure I`ll be happy with them but the component I`m really waiting for is the Parasound 2205 amp! That should be coming next week. So I won`t be knowing what the #$#% is making that sweet sound? the amp?, the cables? I DON`T CARE lol. I`m just excited... Gitty, is the word I`m looking for. I Will definately post results.
I honestly can`t tell what "makes" the sound as long as it sounds good. Maybe that`s why I don`t buy the lowest price product, because I will never know when to replace it.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
i'll bet on the speakers and maybe the parasound next....sure won't be cables unless you've upgraded from 50 foot runs of 20 gauge and maybe some capacitance tossed in. enjoy the parasound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks