What's new

I met William Baldwin (1 Viewer)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I was in the Nike employee store and I noticed a couple of the ladies acting like schoolgirls so I looked at what they were looking at, William Baldwin was in the store.
We get celebrities in all the time but he was the first one I actually met. We have a rule that we are not allowed to ask them for autographs, just treat them like everyday people. Didn't stop him from talking to me while I checked out. :)
But then I started thinking about it, he was there on a comp visit (everything was on Nike). Here this guy is, more money than I will ever see in a lifetime, in my employee store, which is a benefit of my work, shopping and getting everything free, all because he is William Baldwin.
It sucks.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
But then I started thinking about it, he was there on a comp visit (everything was on Nike). Here this guy is, more money than I will ever see in a lifetime, in my employee store, which is a benefit of my work, shopping and getting everything free, all because he is William Baldwin.
It sucks.
Welcome to the real world. :)
Seriously you really can't hold it against him, even if you had loads of money wouldn't you take advantage of a free shopping offer if it was made to you?

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Nah, I don't hold it against him, more against the company. Without the employees, the company would not exist though. ;)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ah Tony it is sad but true that so often those who need it the least get goodies like free shopping sprees.

Here is my experience with shoe company freebees.

I once worked in a building that housed the regional offices for a major shoe manufacture (just happened to be right across the street from a professional football, baseball and basketball complex and almost on a daily I would run in a professional athlete in the elevator who was coming in to get his monthly freebees. Mind these were not the shoes they were going to play in but just shoes and cloths that they were giving on monthly. I would talk to some of them and discovered that they often came in with a shopping list of sizes to get for friends and family.

Of course in the case of the athletes they were at least working for the company by wearing the shoes during their professional activities but it was sometimes comical to see them leaving with thirty plus boxes of shoes and additional boxes of athletic cloths.

Again it doesn’t bother me at all that they take advantage of such offers because I can guarantee you that I would be right behind they in line if some company made wanted to give me a bunch of free stuff.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
By the way, how was he when you talked to him? Since he was getting all that free stuff hopefully he was at least pleasant.

Let us know.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Actually Patrick, he was very nice. Cordial, didn't act snobby at all and even offered his hand. Since he made the offer I was able to respond in kind. Told him my wife was a big fan of his (which she is) and that she would be (and is) jealous as hell of me.

Nike is quite strict about the policy and if I had offered first, well, let's just say my career would depend on someones mood that day.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Nike is quite strict about the policy and if I had offered first, well, let's just say my career would depend on someones mood that day.
wow, nike takes their shoes pretty seriously. ;)
you should have done his "GIMME THE KEYS MOTHAFUCKA@!@!I@!@" bit from Usual Suspects. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I just hope the Canadians don't read this thread and determine his where-a-bouts. America can't afford another vicious attack against the Baldwins. :D

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Haha, I was just thinking "Didn't we bomb all the Baldwins?" right before I scrolled down to your post Seth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks