What's new

I love my Paradigms (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Trevor,
I guess if your using the PS-1000 as a chair you probably don't need any bass shakers. :)
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Steve_D

Second Unit
Tor,
I second those comments on the SVS sub for music. I replaced a Citation 7.4 THX sub that I specifically scoured the US looking for the most musical sub I could find at a reasonable price (several years ago). I listened to and passed on almost every "typical" powered home sub you can name. They all sounded boomy and slow to me.
My SVS 16-46 beats the Citation, by a small amount on music, and the rock the house energy it CAN deliver when asked beats the Citation hands down.
BTW, I love my Paradigms also! But I only have 7 in the house now, just sold 2.
Main system:
Studio 40 x 3
Studio 20 x 2
Upstairs TV:
Micros x 2
------------------
Link Removed

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
Main HT room:
Front: Monitor 9
Center: LCR-350
Sides: ADP-350
Back: Monitor 7
Sub: PW-2200
Fireplace:
Monitor 9
Deck:
Stylus 250
Total: 12....
If I knew 2 years ago what I do now, I would start form studios to boot. Now I need to get some $$ together to start swaps.
_zjt

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
How would you say Paradigms cheaper subs, the PS-1000 and 1200, are for music? I hear good things about Paradigm subs at the local shop.
The PS line of subs are horrible for music. Unless you want lots of uncontrolled boominess.
As well as the PDR line,,stay away from those for sure.
The Servo-15 is excellent for music and the same can be said for the SVS. Actually the SVS may be a little faster for music than the Servo's.
I haven't done enough critical listening with music to evaluate in detail the differences,,but I do love my 2 channel music in my new set-up with the Parasound amp and SVS + Servo-15's driving at the same time.
Your right Patrick,,No need for bass shakers. :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks