I lost me love for the movie Halloween??? Whats wrong with me???

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ryan Wishton, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I used to really like the movie Halloween and even some of it's early sequels... Late grade school, Jr High, High, etc... Recently I viewed the movie again and was horribly bored by it... I also found the acting to be atrocious... Linda especially could not die soon enough...

It's not that I dont like horror... I am a casual horror fan...

I just dont remember the movie being so annoying and boring... So, whats wrong here??? Did I watch the movie at a wrong time??? Have I just lost my liking for it??? What???

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this movie or another movie???

2. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Sounds like you're turning into a pirate too.

Sean

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I think, Ryan, only you can answer those questions.

4. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

Ryan,
    I agree with you about HALLOWEEN. I saw it when it was new in the theater, and I loved it. Being 12, it was the second scariest thing I ever saw(THE EXORCIST was, and remains, #1 in the fright department). I watched it many times over the years, and always enjoyed it. But when I got the DVD and saw it in widescreen for the first time since the original release, I saw it in a new light. I don't think it's a bad film on a technical level; most of the acting is great, the score is superb, it's very suspenseful. But what bothered me was how cruelly Carpenter treats his characters. I couldn't get over how bad this film made me feel when I watched it last, and I promptly sold my DVD.

I would like to give it another chance because of all the good qualities it has. But I'm not in any hurry.