What's new

I lost me love for the movie Halloween??? Whats wrong with me??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I used to really like the movie Halloween and even some of it's early sequels... Late grade school, Jr High, High, etc... Recently I viewed the movie again and was horribly bored by it... I also found the acting to be atrocious... Linda especially could not die soon enough...

It's not that I dont like horror... I am a casual horror fan...

I just dont remember the movie being so annoying and boring... So, whats wrong here??? Did I watch the movie at a wrong time??? Have I just lost my liking for it??? What???

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this movie or another movie???

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,
I agree with you about HALLOWEEN. I saw it when it was new in the theater, and I loved it. Being 12, it was the second scariest thing I ever saw(THE EXORCIST was, and remains, #1 in the fright department). I watched it many times over the years, and always enjoyed it. But when I got the DVD and saw it in widescreen for the first time since the original release, I saw it in a new light. I don't think it's a bad film on a technical level; most of the acting is great, the score is superb, it's very suspenseful. But what bothered me was how cruelly Carpenter treats his characters. I couldn't get over how bad this film made me feel when I watched it last, and I promptly sold my DVD.

I would like to give it another chance because of all the good qualities it has. But I'm not in any hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks