What's new

I lost 16 pounds in 21 days...and I still eat carbs!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
And Michael, no offense, but IMHO such devices are bullsh*t. Forget the numbers, just try to FEEL good.
No offense Anders, but that's not true. I have been involved in weightlifting for 3 years now and have used bodyfat % as my guideline. Aiming for "feeling good" is very subjective and hard to tell if what you are doing is working. While a scale will not give you an accurate measurment, you can judge your progress if you always check against the same scale (I personally use a tape measure and a height/weight/waist size formula). Here's my experience and how the numbers helped: I went from 240lbs and around 35% bodyfat, to 170lbs and 15% bodyfat in late 2000-mid 2001, hit a bad patch and went back up to 200lbs. When I got back on track, I lost down to 186 and if I had not been using the numbers, would have been disappointed, but keeping track of bodyfat made me notice that I was 16lbs heavier than before, but at the same bodyfat %. Of course, this winter has not been good to me as I am now over 200, but under 240 :b I'm hoping to be back at 15% or under by summer.
The main thing is that the number on the scale (lbs) doesn't matter as much as the bodyfat %.

Chris

Edit to add to thread purpose: The main key to losing weight is calories in < calories out, burn more than you eat. Atkins, sugarbuster, any diet that says eat what you want just not this certain thing, are all thinly veiled attempts to get you to eat less calories. Of course there are ways to do it and be healthy, and there are ways to do it and not be healthy. I could eat only butter all day, or only sugar all day and lose weight, but I wouldn't be healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks