What's new

I Have Just Took The Plunge And Now My Wife Is Going To Kill Me! (1 Viewer)

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
First off I would like to say thanks to Frank Zimkas,the guys from SoundPro and everyone else that has helped me on my desision of my new home theater speakers. I had to scrape up the money but I have just bought a complete Polk LSi series Set up for my new 7.1 Sony Str-da4es Receiver. now to what I Got. "Polk Lsi9 for the front, LsiC for the Center,Lsi7 for the R&L surround And LsiFX for the rear R&L Surround.
Now to keep some humor in the Forum!
"For sale: Bose Accustamast 15 and Bose VCS-10 Center Channel. (Best Offer)" LoL
I can only hope that my new Polk gives me way more enjoyment than my Bose ever did!.
There again Guys Thanks
Shannon W. :D

DanaA

Screenwriter
I keep on wanting to hear those Polk LSi speakers after all the great testimonials as to how good they are, but can't find a place around here that carries them yet. In any regard, I gave my daughter some RT35i's and those are vastly better than Bose, imo. As the LSi's are supposed to be a huge improvement over the RTi's, I can only imagine how much better they'll be, especially once they're broken in and callibrated.

As for the wife, tell her the guys at HTF are calling you the man now that you own those speakers. Or...you can do what I do. Every time I buy something, I allow my wife to get something she wants, ie. I buy a power amp and she gets new carpeting. I buy a pre/pro and she gets that new Maytag dishwasher. I buy a new sub and she gets that table saw she's had her eye on. We're kind of broke, but happy.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Well I did Buy her a pair of Diamond Ear rings. I guess that might help me. :laugh:
Guy what do you mean? Shannon

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well, it's nearing midnight where you live and you're still alive, so that's good. I'd be willing to wager that if you make it through the next twenty-four hours, things will be ok. ;) But let us know how those Polks sound when you get them. I've bought from The Sound Professionals before (if you're talking about the ones located in San Diego) and they're relatively quick on the delivery side and everything comes nicely double boxed.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Frank...
ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Shannon,
Nice Gear Man! I gotta hear the LSi series, I have heard
nothing but raves about them. They use the Vifa Concentric
Tweeter if not mistaken? Good stuff.. I always have been a
fan of Polk Audio myself..
Bose made by Polk... ROTFLMAO!!!! That was the most I have
laughed all day! :)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Shannon,
I was kidding about the Bose you said best offer and I said How much are you willing to pay. . . . joke

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Sorry Guy for not catching the joke. :frowning: But my new polk should be here friday!!!! And when i get everything set up you might be right " I may have to pay some one to take them".. LoL But Guys I will give you a full review when i get it up and running.
Shannon

DanaA

Screenwriter
Dang! Dang! Dang! This thread really made me want to hear the new LS line for myself, but they don't seem to be widely distributed at all. I did a search and the nearest dealer is 100 miles away from my Sacramento area home, all the way in San Francisco. Maybe I'll take the drive, but probably not...at least just for that sole purpose.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Shannon,
Would you Please Please give me the AcoustiFart system??
I just have a lowly pair of towers that play down to 32hz
and I know that "Bass Module" makes the most thunderous
Bass any man ever seen! It even makes a Gnat Fart pale in
comparison!
I want to be a Bose-O-Phile !!!! :D

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
SOLD!!!LOL Hey what can i say i bought that bose stuff when i was 22 now older and wiser its time to move on..
Shannon

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
But my new polk should be here friday!!!!
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
Did ya get em?!? Did ya get em?!? Did ya get em?!?
Lemme see! Lemme see! Lemme see! Lemme see!
How do they sound, what's that dohickie for, I thought they'd be bigger, or smaller, or just different! Are you sure that's how they go? How do you know what's what?!?
Geeze I'm excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks