What's new

I got me a hummmm...... (1 Viewer)

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
When my amp is on, and the volume is all the way down i can hear a hum.
This is in my sub BTW, but i dont know what i can do to get rid of it??

Can anyone help?

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having the same problem. Are you running it out of the sub output on your receiver? I was told to try using a new power strip, but that didnt help. I posted the same question in the "speakers and subwoofers" section here, you might find more answers there Good Luck.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
My friend just solved his hum problem - he had a digital cable box connected to his receiver. His cable was not grounded and caused a hum no matter what source he selected on the receiver.

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
well it is just my sub, connected to the sub output (high level) on my reciever (HTIB) but i think it is partially ground loop or electrical noise.
I tried a 3 - 2 prong adapter plug and it quited the hum a ton, but it didnt stop it.

also ALL of the plugs in my basement are powered on one circut, so shit in my laundry room (a washing machine) everything in my rec-room (TV, lights, HTIB, Sub, ceiling fan, flouro lights) and my little tiny computer room (computer...duh) is all plugged into the same electrical line.

I may end up buying one of those monster power strips to condition my line. id like not to though as they are freakin expensive.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I had a buzz problem when I hooked a new Paradigm PW2100 sub to my setup or if I ran a Digital coax from DVD player to my pre/pro. To solve the problem I used an optical cable to solve the dvd to pre/pro buzz. But I still got the buzz when hooking up the sub. My pre/pro has a cable hookup for the FM. I ran a cable from this too my surge protector and the buzz disappeared.

Kevin

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Kevin, you ran a coax from the FM antenna input to the surge protector?
Yep! I used the TV coax cable that came with my Monster HTS1000mkII and ran it from my Pre/pro FM tuner connection(screw on like you TV) to the coax in for CATV on the surge. All I can figure is that its grounding everything at one point and taking the buzz away.

Kevin

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Yep that'd do it Kevin,
until I got my power conditioner with the coax inputs I had to break the ground on the tv cable coming into the house using a couple of connectors that I can't remember the name of, lol. basically, they took the rg59 cable and made it into the two little screw on prongs, then the connector to turn it back to rg59. Worked like a charm!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Yep that'd do it Kevin,
until I got my power conditioner with the coax inputs I had to break the ground on the tv cable coming into the house using a couple of connectors that I can't remember the name of, lol. basically, they took the rg59 cable and made it into the two little screw on prongs, then the connector to turn it back to rg59. Worked like a charm
What crazy about my situation is that the cable to my TV wasn't the problem. Is this what you used(grounding block)?

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks