What's new

I finished my sealed Tempest!! (1 Viewer)

Ryan T

Second Unit
HI,
I just got back from my Grandpa's house two days ago with my subwoofer. He helped me build a 230 Liter (about 8 cu. ft.) sealed tempest. It weighs about 200 pounds, so it was very difficult to get it into my room. I modified the Adire design to make it front firing instead of downfiring, I think it looks much better this way. I will hopefully have pictures of it soon. I decided not to cover it yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to paint or laminate it. My room is very small 13 1/2'x 10'x 8', so I get a huge boost in the lower bass range. I'm trying to get a hold of an SPL meter so I can find out how loud this thin can really go. When I first hooked the sub up I was blow away by how clear and low it plays. The most expensive sub I've heard is the Paradigm PSW-2200 (I think) and there is no comparison. First I listened to some music since that is what the sub was made for. It sounded awesome the bass guitar and drums where tight and powerful. I put in Toy Story 2 and cranked it up to see how the really low bass sounds. It scared the crap out of me! Right now I'm using an old Onkyo receiver to power and it's only about 50 watts. I think I'm going to get a PE 250 plate amp soon. I'm trying to figure out where to put it in my room for best sound. Right now my Theater is setup with the TV, equipment rack and front speakers on the short wall. I have the sub between the left main speaker and the TV. Is that the best place to put it? Also I just wanted to say Thanks for all the help you guys provided. And Count one more person into the huge DIY sub club :).
Ryan

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Ryan, I'm glad you like it! The sealed Tempest can be a great sub for both music and movies as you can attest to.

Enjoy it!

Kyle Richardson

Acoustic Visions

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks