What's new

I want a new look on my sub... (1 Viewer)

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of veneering my sub. Currently, it has a truckbed liner finish on it. I have a few questions be4 I sand out my truckbed liner.

1. How hard is to apply veneer on the cabinet? I am totally new at this.
2. With 4 legs on the bottom side of the sub, how am I to apply veneer on that side?
3. Is Lowe or HD carry any good looking veneer? (Any other places should I look into?) And how much will it cost for a 4' x 8' sheet.
4. My budget is $50, is it possible to do this?

BTW, I have a sealed Tempest 22" cube in size. Thanks in advanced.

Al,

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I doubt that you can veneer over that polyurethane truckbed liner. Virtually nothing will stick to it. And I imagine trying to remove it will be a REAL pain, if not impossible.

As inexpensive as MDF is, and as difficult as removing the bedliner will be, I suggest just making a new box.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Pretty sure he's going to sand off the bed liner first... If you plan on staining and don't use an exotic veneer i'd say you can do it under $50, just make sure you've got 100% of the bedliner off of the box firs so there are no inperfections in the finish.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys... look like I will keep the sealed cabinet as is. I'll probably build a vented cabinet after my vacation. I'm thinking of rosewood veneer as a finish... I'll take some pics then... Thanks all...

Al,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks