What's new

I feel for my SVS and/or my neighbors when this movie.. (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
When We Were Soldiers comes out on dvd. I saw this movie this past weekend (Edwards in Houston :emoji_thumbsup: )after missing times before and I have to honestly say that I have NEVER heard bass like that in any movie I've seen, ever. Can anyone agree that this will be a true reference to measure the pretenders from the contender subs? With all respect to SPR, this one absolutely kills it in the bass department. While my pant leg kept flapping, I thought about the descriptions I hear on here refering to Paradigm, SVS, Velo, others that can do movies justice in the low bass regions. The olny thing is that I don't think that I will ever be able to hear reference levels on this disc in my apartment with my SVS 25(22)31CS. I KNOW I will have the cops out if I tried :). Opinions??

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen the movie yet so can't comment on that. But along similar lines, one of the scenes in the latest AOTC trailer has me wondering what it will be like. The scene I'm wondering about is the one where the missile from Slave One takes out that huge asteroid.

Keir H

Second Unit
I guess no one has seen this movie? Or at least heard it like I did? No? I "know" I was getting 110-115db (35-60hz) at the seats....my rough guesses of course. This post may need to go in the Movies section. Sorry and thanks again.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Have you seen / heard "Atlantis"??? I watched this last night and my headrest was a rompin the entire movie, it was CRAZY!

I have never felt it like that before. I was truely afraid I was gonna get a visit from someone.

Although 1 thing I did notice, my g/f said she didn't really notice the bass.... now if I thought it was crazy how could she not of noticed? She said "I was watching the movie the bass didn't really occur to me"

See I think this is becoming my problem and maybe a problem for others as well, we are proud of our system or are looking for short comings, so instead of just sitting back and enjoying the ride we think about things like bass content and such.

I am going to start attempting not to "notice" from now on. I was into the movie but I noticed the bass alot. I should just concentrate on the movie instead of thinking WOW awesome bass.

The bass blends and is "action" that you can feel, you shouldn't think about it!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I here you James.I do the same thing.I have been trying to turn bass down some.Atlantis was great.I herd this so I bought it.When I buy a DVD that is my most constant thought>What level of bass does it have

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks