What's new

I don't have a cellphone! (1 Viewer)

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
I thought for along time that I didn't kneed one. Now I feel different. I like having a cell phone. But I keep my conversations down to stay under the minuets.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
quote:

But the capabilities of the Blackberry, Treo, etc. is very interesting to me because I'm a technology nut. Whenever I do actually get a cellphone I would want one that totally kicks ass in terms of functions.

Agreed part of what people don't understand is that a lot of phones are more capable that what people would expect. I rotate between my devices (BlackBerry and Nokia smart phone with the occasional tether to the PPC for a more powerful internet session) it's nice reading emails and surfing the web on breaks and still stay caught up while away on a vacation as well.

I would recommend to those of you who don't have a cell phone to talk with a friend who might of upgraded and have an old phone laying around not being used (people upgrade phones like people upgrade their hometheaters so some people have several phones collecting dust). Even though this phone can't be used to call recreationally it can still be used for emergency 911 calls or 112 if it's a multiband phone in a foreign country.

Prepaid services is also a pretty good option for those who only need the phone for emergency contacts (like going on a trip and relative may need to get in contact with you instead of waiting for you to get a hold of them). I also highly recommend the prepaid route for about 3 months for teens for their first phone so they learn about minute/sms/services management (avoid those $300-500 bills, and limits to the value paid on the phone). Prepaid is also an excellent service if you intend to take a bus, plane, or train to a friend of family member so you can contact the visiting party at these respective stations as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks