What's new

Hunter Fan thermostats (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody have any experience with the Hunter programmable thermostats?

Such as the 44360 7-day programmable one?

Somebody on lowes.com mentioned that it makes noises at the start/end of a heating cycle that was annoying, but then again, it might of just been his thermostat or heating/AC unit making the noises, who knows. Nobody else in the review mentioned it.

Jay

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've had a hunter unit for a couple of years now and its worked flawlessly since I installed it. I have no idea what model it is but I can't complain.

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
I have one that is a few years old now and I think it's a real piece of crap. It's hard to program, doesn't seem to hold the program and worst of all if youy manually lower the temp it will go down to 40 degrees on its own after you walk away. Beware!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
This is the one I'm looking at, although I haven't yet thought about if I should get a 7 day one or go for the cheaper 5+2 or 5+1+1 ones...:

http://www.hunterfan.com/prodSum.php...thermo&sType=1

Mark, does that look like the one you had problems with? I've seen them on sale for like $40 online, which is cheaper than the way more expensive Honeywells, etc.

I also like that it's backlit when you hit a key, cause my thermostat is under my staircase to the second floor and is in the shadows..

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Never mind, I found a Honeywell 5+2 programmable thermostat for $43 shipped, which would of been the same price as the Hunter Fan 7 day prog ones. I don't think it's that big a deal to be able to program M-F differently. Plus, you can override the programming now anyway. That's what I do now, before I walk out the door, I simply turn the thermostat down, etc. etc.

http://www.atlantasupply.com/swscrip...EST_ID=CSTKDET

Jay

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Honeywell is much better i think. i had mine for almost 4 years and no problem plus it's easy to program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks