What's new

HTPC - HDTV card? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to get HDTV through an antenna on my HTPC and projector. I only know of 2 cards that will do this - AccessDTV and HiPix. Are there others? Which one is the best? I noticed that the AccessDTV sort of requires a monthly fee for schedule updates. Does the HiPix? I can't fine much info on them.

Are there better places to get these cards?

TIA,
Rob

Gary_E

Second Unit
I've been reading about the HiPix card and had a question.
How much disk space would be required to record a 60 minute 1080i HD show and could that recording be transferred from the hard drive to a DVD-R or DVD-RW?
My thought is to record the show to an Archos 20 gig recorder and then dump it to a DVD-R or DVD-RW.
I have an OTA STB now and receive HD in my HT. The antenna feed is also connected to my PC to an analog TV Max tuner card. It seems that if have the HiPix card in my PC, I should be able to receive HD signals.

-Gary

Danny R

Supporting Actor
New on the scene is the MyHD MDP-100.
I'm not quite certain on what advantages it has over other cards though. (perhaps someone can illuminate the matter?)If you act by Memorial Day you can get it on sale for $299.

Jeff Williams

Stunt Coordinator
Danny,

Looks like the two main advantages I can see real quick are the component outputs and the firewire connection. If my memory serves me right, this is the first card to be able to do either. I know that I have my eye on it for a future purchase. And speaking of that, anyone ever deal with Digital Connection?

Jeff

AllenD

Second Unit
And speaking of that, anyone ever deal with Digital Connection?
I've bought several items from DC for my 1st HTPC build. You don't get the kind of support DC provides. Cliff and Kei constantly respond to posts here and other forums to keep their finger on the pulse of the HTPC community. Highly regarded as one of the best in the business among HTPCers and the industry.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Hauppauge has not updated the software for their HDTV product in months. The current version just barely works, so I can't recommend them.

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks