What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
However they also aren't as insignificant as you claim. Just skimming through the chapters I found many more that just two instances where bubbles were not also spoken. Many aren't "thought" bubbles, but location information and "later that night" type information. So I'm not as happy a camper as I would have been. :(

I’m genuinely sorry and I sincerely apologize. I guess I misremembered that portion of the film.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Now what screen do you recommend?

A fixed frame is the best bet. 120" or bigger depending on size of wall. Easy to build, and perfect tension so no wrinkles in screen.

Portable is super quick painless. You will be ready in less than two minutes with an EZ Cinema series. Fold legs out pull up screen and you're off to the races. Perfect for traveling projector movie night with family at their houses.
Elite Screens ezCinema
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYH13HG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_futZCbA1J7HDX

And finally if you have a large white wall...why not work around it and make it your focal point.

I would never have thought I would say such a thing, but a friend has a huge room with vaulted ceilings and I took my short throw over there. 180+ inches later On a virgin white wall, I was shocked how amazing it looked, and that it was a better setup than mine. Minus his crappy sound bar.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I haven’t opened my copy of Spider-Man yet so I think I will return it and get the Australian version, infact I've just had a reply from Germany Amazon accepting the return with a printed label, ive now ordered again from JB hi-fi.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So I received the "Mortal Engines" 4K/3D combo from France a couple of days ago. Just finished watching the 3D version. The 3D was variable on this film. Some of it looked pretty good while in other parts of the film a person forgot that they were watching a 3D film.

The film was okay, but it felt like a missed opportunity to make something great. There was a lot great visual design, but if felt like they spent so much time on the visuals that they forgot to really develop the characters. Some of the film edits felt choppy. There were a couple of scene transitions where it felt like someone had cut out a piece of the film and then stuck the ends together. There is one scene where one of the characters is staring at a poster and then all of a sudden they are somewhere else.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I would never have thought I would say such a thing, but a friend has a huge room with vaulted ceilings and I took my short throw over there. 180+ inches later On a virgin white wall, I was shocked how amazing it looked, and that it was better setup than mine. Minus his crappy sound bar.

That's what I have but it's only 138 inches wide. I had a free screen that came with the first projector I bought. When I first tried it out on the blank wall it looked great. Never used the screen.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That's what I have but it's only 138 inches wide. I had a free screen that came with the first projector I bought. When I first tried it out on the blank wall it looked great. Never used the screen.

I was always under the impression that wall/projector setup would be tacky, and have a poor image. Until I actually tried it. I was blown away, and actually jealous of my friend as his wall is better than my fixed frame, and much bigger. I am a believer now, and will take that into consideration If I move into a new house in a few years!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
A fixed frame is the best bet. 120" or bigger depending on size of wall. Easy to build, and perfect tension so no wrinkles in screen.

Portable is super quick painless. You will be ready in less than two minutes with an EZ Cinema series. Fold legs out pull up screen and you're off to the races. Perfect for traveling projector movie night with family at their houses.
Elite Screens ezCinema
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYH13HG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_futZCbA1J7HDX

And finally if you have a large white wall...why not work around it and make it your focal point.

I would never have thought I would say such a thing, but a friend has a huge room with vaulted ceilings and I took my short throw over there. 180+ inches later On a virgin white wall, I was shocked how amazing it looked, and that it was a better setup than mine. Minus his crappy sound bar.
that looks awesome! I think I'll definitely get that one or one like it. Not bad! i'm not sure what the house will have when I get in it. lots of stained paneling people around here! lol

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I haven’t opened my copy of Spider-Man yet so I think I will return it and get the Australian version, infact I've just had a reply from Germany Amazon accepting the return with a printed label, ive now ordered again from JB hi-fi.

I'm going to keep my German version. I'll probably watch it once and put in my collection to forever gather dust. :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
WOWE...WOW...WOW! What can I say, filmed for 3D and it shows it in every scene. The opening credits are worth the cost of the disc alone.

FINAL DESTINATION 5. One of the best 3Ders out there. Almost every damn thing that whizzes thru the air is coming at you...blood, body parts, blood, body parts...eye balls, blood, body parts...

It fits perfectly into my BD/SD sci-fi/horror collection!

This rates :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses: :drum:

EDIT: Forgot to add I finished SHREK THE THIRD...very good 3D, still have one more movie to go in the franchise.

EDIT AGAIN: Just received my SPIDERMAN from Germany, maybe will view today. Not bad, 16 day delivery.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
WOWE...WOW...WOW! What can I say, filmed for 3D and it shows it in every scene. The opening credits are worth the cost of the disc alone.

FINAL DESTINATION 5. One of the best 3Ders out there. Almost every damn that whizzes thru the air is coming at you...blood, body parts, blood, body parts...eye balls, blood, body parts...

EDIT: Forgot to add I finished SHREK THE THIRD...very good 3D, still have one more movie to go in the franchise.

I don't know what I'd do with out you on this thread John. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm going to keep my German version. I'll probably watch it once and put in my collection to forever gather dust. :3dglasses:
Same here. I don't have any issues with a few German text boxes. I don't feel like I'm missing anything important.

Ordered Ant-Man and the Wasp from UK. Not quite sure when it'll arrive.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
To keep up with the newly acquired Blu rays, I rarely have time to watch anything more than once except for a dozen or so favorites. I have the entire MCU series, which I have only watched once or twice if they are in 3D with the commentator on the flat disc. Fortunately I have owned a Swiffer for many years.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

FINAL DESTINATION 5. One of the best 3Ders out there. Almost every damn that whizzes thru the air is coming at you...blood, body parts, blood, body parts...eye balls, blood, body parts...

Lol :thumbsup:, one of the most fun watches for us John was FD4, we just love these films.
Funny your watching the Shrek collection, we are to and it was the 3rd last night, do you find a slight dullness like a warm tone/cast on these films John ?.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I've not watched the final one yet, but I have to admit I think the first three Shreks have pretty blah 3D.

Mostly just some depth and that's about it. Not unhappy to have them 3D but I don't think the 3D adds much!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I was always under the impression that wall/projector setup would be tacky, and have a poor image. Until I actually tried it. I was blown away, and actually jealous of my friend as his wall is better than my fixed frame, and much bigger. I am a believer now, and will take that into consideration If I move into a new house in a few years!
We are using a sanded and repainted wall. Wanted the biggest screen possible and we change aspect ratios daily or sometimes during the day so it turned out to be the best solution for now. I do miss being able to have those nice rich black borders though.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Lol :thumbsup:, one of the most fun watches for us John was FD4, we just love these films.
Funny your watching the Shrek collection, we are to and it was the 3rd last night, do you find a slight dullness like a warm tone/cast on these films John ?.

That was the one that I thought was BD 3D and it turned out to be SD 3D. One day I'll maybe reorder it...maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks