What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not yet, but they could be. Aquaman is Warner and they still release 3D via WAC.
Universal appears have given up on US 3D, but you'll have to wait

Unlikely -- Warner never locks their items and Universal rarely does if they hold the rights in US and EU
Some of this discussion was about Ratatouille, not Aquaman. Pixar's Ratatouille is the only Region B locked 3D disc released by Disney that I know of, likely because a Region A release was planned, but then later shelved.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
HMV doesn't ship to the US or anywhere out of the UK/Ireland anymore[/COLOR]

Not yet announced for Region A, but they could be. Aquaman is Warner and they still release 3D via WAC in the US and WHV in Canada so you still even get the slipcovers.
Universal appears to have not given up on US 3D yet, but you'll have to wait They did release Jurassic World:FW, Skyscraper, Pacific Rim in the last 6 months

Unlikely -- Warner virtually never locks their items and Universal/Sony rarely do if they hold the rights in US and EU

And in the voice of Rosanna Rosannadana, "Never mind!"

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Some of this discussion was about Ratatouille, not Aquaman. Pixar's Ratatouille is the only Region B locked 3D disc released by Disney that I know of, likely because a Region A release was planned, but then later shelved.

I see -- I was in the middle of 2 different sub discussion without noticing the quotes. You also caught my post as was editing the Universal part to fix the 'typo' since Universal is still releases some 3D titles.
John Sparks is right - NVM.

Just to totally whiff -- Ratatouille 3D was indeed only released as a Region B disc. Initially in what was supposed to be a French only very limited Stunt release to promote Disney Paris. It was later expanded to Gemany nad UK with the same disc. It does still hold the status of being the only region locked Disney 3D

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Yeah, I was lucky Johnny. I actually met him 3 times. Once in 2002 at the San Diego ComiCon, where he signed the beautiful print he was selling, "Valley of the Mists." And a few years later at Ken Cranes in Orange County, where he wouldn't sign my statues from his movies because they were authorized, and I think they were put out by X-Plus.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Thanks Josh. The cost is about as much as the German import, but will it be shipped from India to Texas and then out to me, is that how that works?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t have much experience with them, but I think they order in bulk from India and then reship from Texas.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not available from Amazon UK?
It's not released in the UK in 3D, apparently. If they list the German 3D for sale it would be as an import, likely at a premium price and probably not until after street date in Germany.

I just placed a pre-order with Amazon.de. Total was about $34 shipped, after VAT deduction and with Amazon Global Standard shipping (Expedited is an extra $6 or so). Plenty of time to cancel if a better deal arises.

EDIT: Totals adjusted. I think I had the conversion reversed initially. Order total was €29.53.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I also ordered this. I assume the cover will be in German, so I reserved the Blu ray from my local library and intend to print that cover.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR...what a long-ass movie. Good flick, 3D was in some parts awesome, but over all pretty good A few objects comin' at ya, which is par for the course.

Will have to read up on the ending (got it), other than that, it deserves :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very disappointed in Disney, no Ralph breaks the internet 3D BD :(

I have this bad feeling that all home 3D is going to dry up very quickly from this point forward. U.S. physical releases are almost completely extinct. (The U.S. is also seeing 2D-only theatrical releases for some titles that are being released internationally in 3D.) Sony is now declining to release titles in 3D anywhere in the world ("Alpha") or only in very limited territories (looks like "Venom" will be Germany and India only).

I'm really just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping against hope that 3D can hang on long enough for me to be able to buy 3D editions of "Avengers: Endgame" and "Star Wars: Episode IX" whenever they come out on disc.

I really hate to say this, and I really want to be wrong, but it's feeling to me like we're closer to the end of the end than the beginning of the end.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I tried to do my part in buying them, up to 257 with only one in the pipeline...VENOM. :3dglasses:

It's tough to buy a 4K movie when it's $5 more than the BD. And an upscaled BD to 4K, on my display, looks great. I only have ten 4Kers, and that's probably not about to go up anytime soon unless Amazon has another sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks