What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
It’s like dubbing Mel Gibson’s Australian accent into US English for the first Mad Max film.

Well, dubbing that movie sure made it more accessible to the US movie going public, at least for me. I'm glad they added the original Australian version on the MAD MAX TRILOGY.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Of course I was referring to your preference for importing 3D discs from England when you could easily get them domestically, Skyscraper being one of them. Dwayne speaks Dwayne in England and in the USA.:D

It's just easier to order them from the UK...one stop shop! I haven't found any that were only sold in the US and not in the UK, but have the other way.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
It's just easier to order them from the UK...one stop shop! I haven't found any that were only sold in the US and not in the UK, but have the other way.
Hey, like you, I order from the UK all those 3D Disney titles that are unavailable in the USA. I just received Coco and Cars 3. I will slowly get some of the Marvel titles that were released in 2017. Stupid Disney.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The advantage of course to 3D titles available immediately in the US like Jurassic World and Skyscraper, is you don’t have to wait weeks( later release date, shipping) to get them and the US copies all have digital redemption codes.

I too buy all my Disney films from Amazon UK but the rest I buy domestically for the reasons listed above.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched The Young and Prodigious T.S Spivet last night. That has to be one of the best 3D titles there is. Lots of in your face 3D scenes with no ghosting/crosstalk.

ts.jpg

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
It always amazes me how the least little British accent or Australian accent flummoxes some people in the US and they actually need subtitles!

I don't know of any movie, other than MAD MAX, that was redubbed before coming to the US.

Now, I have used closed-captioning on two cable shows that the wife and I viewed, THE TERROR and THE ALIENIST. They both used English accents and was difficult to understand. I get tired of rewinding after every other sentence, so on it goes.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Ghosting and crosstalk is a result of displays not software. This is a title I wish were region free.

Time to get a Region Free player. :thumbsup:

Edit: It's currently unavailable on Amazon UK and $80 from Hong Kong. That won't be in my collection anytime soon.

EDIT, EDIT: There's a bunch on eBay right now and one is $30 total from Italy, but sold from here.

Last edited:

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Mine was dispatched this morning as well. I hope it takes the optimum route thru the Kessel Run on it's way to Minnesota.

Received my 3D Solo from the UK yesterday (Tues.), one day over 2 weeks. Not a bad Kessel Run - likely delayed one day by Postal Service closure for the Columbus Day holiday on Monday here in the states. Not sure when I will get to watch it - busy schedule lately.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ghosting and crosstalk is a result of displays not software. This is a title I wish were region free.

I was thinking of Comin at Ya that has extreme popouts that are hard to converge. T.S. Spivet has them also but easy on the eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks