What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Spider-Man" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
This movie was excellent.I loved it in the theater and love it on DVD.Toby Maguire was the perfect choice for the role.I can't wait for a superbit version if Sony decides to do one.:)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just watched the DVD last night.. i agree wtih Ron, the rear surrounds aren't used as much as expected, especially in a film like this. The bass wasn't spectacular either...
C'moooooon Superbit and DTS!!!
I can't say anyhting about the video, coz my dad RENTED THE FULL-SCREEN VERSION! :eek: yes feel my pain

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator
the pic is definately too grainy for me liking, and a little too soft.
McGuire and Defoe were both excellent in their roles, shame about Kirten Dunst who was the complete wrong actress.
yes this movie has a lot of cheesy bits, but hey its a Raimi movie, the king of cheese :D
the main problem i have with the story is that it was way too similar to Superman The Movie, but what i particularly liked was the 'growing up' theme, you really do see Parker grow up.
i thought the characterisation and acting of Harry Osbourne was absolutely spot on. I really felt sorry for Harry.
i thought it was a great film. :emoji_thumbsup:

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I liked the movie but didn't like the ending.
Maybe it's a woman thing.
I assume MJ figured out Peter was Spiderman in the end because of the expression on her face.
Man, they should have gotten together in the end.
Do you think there will be a sequel and the Green Goblin's son will take revenge on Spiderman?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks