What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Speed" (Five Star Collection) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I'll be first in line on July 30th to pick the 2pk up. I have been waiting since November of '98 for a good version of Speed. Nearly 4 years later, it's finally happening. Now if only the 5 Star of True Lies would hurry up and be released I could die a happy man. :)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Damn, one of my favorite action films of all-time finally done right on DVD! I'll be in heaven on July 30th. :D What's the word on True Lies 5-Star? Still delayed?

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Last I heard True Lies was still delayed. I heard rumors it might come out later this year but I wasn't able to confirm them. Anyone have any more updated info? True Lies 5-Star would hold a place of honor in my DVD collection (...Jamie Lee doing a strip tease in anamorphic widescreen...)

Sean_J

Agent
I am thinking about buy Both Speed 1 and 2; I would love to see a review of the new Speed 2 DVD.

PS> I got my dvd profiler working hehehe YEAH!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Only two weeks to go for this bad boy. Have been drooling waiting for this ever since Charlie L.(sorry, cant remember how to spell the name:frowning:) spilled the beans last year he had finished work on it. The reviews seem to show that Mr. L's high standards are still intact and FOX keeps their crown for greatest studio for DVDs. The next two weeks are going to be torture waiting for this!
Now if only Fox and Van Ling would hurry up and give us the Five Star True Lies.
I also want a special edition or at least anamorphic/DTS rerelease of Broken Arrow, one of my personal favorites.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I also want a special edition or at least anamorphic/DTS rerelease of Broken Arrow, one of my personal favorites.
LOL - I've been waiting forever for this, but I've just about given up. Any day now, I'll probably pull the trigger on the non-anamorphic version currently available.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
I received the R2UK a couple of weeks ago and saw the movie and immediately after I listened to the commentary with the writer and the producer (names escape me right now).
I have to say it was VERY Funny, one the absolutely funniest commentarys out there!!!
"For Speed, I rode a Bus and went to a bus yard and looked under a bus for research. For Speed 2, the writer for that movie got sent on a cruise for 2 weeks. I RODE A BUS, HE GOT SENT TO A CRUISE!!"
:D:D:D:D
Excellent Stuff!
Right up there with Bruce Campbell and the View Askew commentaries!

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Two weeks and counting.........

Let's see....That's 14 days.....which is 336 hours...which is 20160 minutes...which is 1,209,600 seconds..

ok here we go....

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Thanks Ron, glad I held off on this one, will make a great (late)birthday present to myself :)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
It's going to be interesting to track the sales figures for this DVD (if those figures are released for it). It's a pretty popular movie, released in a steller package. I would think it will do quite well, though probably not as well as some other DVDs that have been heavily advertised.

I know they'll have a bunch of sales from all of us (including me!).

Sean_J

Agent
Hi-
Nice review! I love your reviews. I would love to see a review for the new Speed 2 DVD (box set).

Nice job!

Sean_J

Agent
(I tried replying but my reply doesn't show up let me try again)

Hi-
Nice Review! I have always loved ur reviews. I would love to see one for the new Speed 2 (boxset) DVD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am looking forward to Speed for sound and video done right, plus some extras. Bring it on.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Already ordered my copy, hope to get it in a few weeks. Now the wait starts.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I received my copy of "Speed" and I just want to echo Ron's Review by saying this dvd has an outstanding video transfer and the DTS soundtrack sounded great. Listening to Sandra Bullock's archive interview was interesting due to it being filmed eight years ago, before she became a star and you could tell that she has a great sense of humor.

Crawdaddy

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it looks like Dick "I'll never buy the same movie twice" White is about to violate principle once again. Ron, I don't know whether to thank you or put a curse on you :) .

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
So, the Speed 5 star DVD IS in DTS? Clarify this on me please. The guy at the other video store I never been to, who is PRO OAR and PRO DTS, said he's gonna wait until SPEED comes out in DTS. If the 5 star IS in DTS, I'll let him know.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Sweet! I'll tell the guy next time I go there and tell him, "THE SPEED 5 STAR COLLECTION IS IN DTS!!!" Then he'll probably buy it, I'll rent it, and watch it. Hell with AMC and their Censoring, cutting, commercials, and Pan and Scan. Shit. I should just buy the damn thing. I only got 3 DVDs. I need MORE!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks