What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Speed (1994) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Was that at Disneyland(R) ?(or DisneyWorld(R))?

Neither! Kings Dominion here in Virginia!

I remember the projection quality wasn't good - it was a little blurry and messy, and I figured that was what prompted my nausea.

I'd seen IMAX travelogue films like the venerable "To Fly" at the Smithsonian and never had a problem.

My motion sickness has gotten worse with age, but I was only like 22 when I saw that film at KD!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Am I reading the audio specs correctly, that the physical discs will have 5.1 DTS-HDMA while the 4K digital streaming version will be Atmos?

If so, that's a bit of a disturbing item. Are the studios really going to start crippling the soundtracks on physical media? I would prefer that the original soundtrack be available, but if they're going to create a new Atmos track, then offer that as an option as well.

No Atmos and only DD 5.1 for the streaming copy? Disney - pushing the technology envelope to the utmost and leading the pack, once again. :rolleyes:
Ok, let’s make up our minds. According to what I just read in the press release, Scott is correct. If there’s an atmos track but not on the disc, I will pass. We buy the physical disc for the better performance. Damn Disney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks