What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these July Announcements. Enjoy!​
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

TOM SAWYER (1973) / HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1974) BLU-RAY - July 18th

EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX* (*but were afraid to ask) (1972) BLU-RAY - July 18th

STATE FAIR (1962) BLU-RAY - July 18th

THE CRIMSON KIMONO (1959) BLU-RAY - July 18th

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It could be worse -- you could have been disappointed that State Fair wasn't quite the Fair that a child was hoping to see,

A really nice month of titles -- I must admit I wasn't expected Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn would be be a TT release

Just realized Ann-Margret married Victoria Shaw's (Crimson Kimona) ex-husband. As impressive as that is, being married to Ann-Marget for 50 years is an astounding thing. Two stunning wives -- so sad that Ms Shaw died so young

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I am totally jazzed about the Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn musicals. I was never able to get those on DVD because they were the dreaded pan-and-scan editions. I haven't seen those movies since the Laserdisc days.
By the way are both movies a double feature single release? If so that will be a real bargain!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never seen The Crimson Kimono so I'll buy that. I'll have another look at the DVD of State Fair to see if I want to upgrade. I've always felt the 1962 remake got a lot of unfair criticism.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I remember those two Twain musicals, the first doing pretty well and the second almost unseen (certainly the second never played long where I lived). Haven't seen Tom Sawyer since that first release, so really looking forward to these releases. More Woody from his "early funny" period is always welcome, and I'll be so happy to have the 1962 State Fair remake on Blu since Fox provided us the 1945 version earlier. Now we just have to wait for them to spruce up the Will Rogers original and let TT (or someone) release it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For the first time, I won't be buying any Twilight Time titles. I'm happy for those that want some of these titles.

Agreed. I bought the Woody Allen from UK, and this version of STATE FAIR is supposedly a stinker. I am happy that TT is doing this monthly now, though. Less confusing, and something to look forward to on a more regular basis. The temptation for me would be that I believe the two Mark Twain musicals will carry a Bruce Kimmel commentary, and TOM SAWYER features not only a young Jodie Foster, but a score by John Williams.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Yes, I'm in for all five. I have to say that just about everyone of those titles is a surprise and a pleasent one at that. It will be good to have Tom Sawyer finally presented correctly. Sex is one of my top five Woody Allen titles. Now I just need Bannanas.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
A nice fresh summer line-up. I've never seen The Crimson Kimono. I'll check it out.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Definitely sign me up for the Twain releases. We watched the Tom Sawyer one on VHS in 2nd and 3rd grades in lieu of outside recess when it was raining. Funny how certain films trigger different otherwise obscure memories.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Definitely The Crimson Kimono for me and possibly the remake of State Fair, the DVD looked pretty good for it's time and I do love Alice Faye. If memory serves it's much better than past reviews have stated.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I never miss a Warren Oates musical. :) (He's quite good in TOM SAWYER, actually, and considered the film one of his favorites, though to his displeasure his singing was dubbed. His fans might want to take a look.)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Not super excited about any of the titles actually but I will be picking up State Fair and Tom Sawyer because I'm a pushover for musicals. My DVDs of Crimson Kimono (an excellent film) and Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex (one of Woody's funniest) will do me just fine. I don't need to see them in hi-def.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I had no television as a child and very rarely went to a proper cinema before the age of 10. However, at my primary boarding school in Kenya, when I was six years old, we were treated to films every second Saturday. Battered copies that fell to bits during crucial scenes, reel changes, a little mono speaker wired directly to the projector, projected onto a makeshift screen in our sports hall. What was on the bill? A whole bunch of Disney and MGM family films churned out in the 1960's and early 1970's (considered safe fare by the headmaster, for impressionable small children). Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Now You See Him Now You Don't, The Computer That Wore Tennis Shoes, Digby, The Biggest Dog In The World, The Biscuit Eater, The Love Bug, Swiss Family Robinson, 20000 Leagues Under The Sea, That Darn Cat, The Boatniks, Pollyanna, Hannibal Brooks, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, The World's Greatest Athlete, The Three Musketeers, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Escape To Witch Mountain. Obviously not motion pictures that changed the whole history of motion pictures - but I remember them 45 years later on! We were as enthralled, as any modern day blasé six year old, who gets to see the latest Star Wars episodes! I believe we saw Tom Sawyer twice - it'll definitely go in my collection! Do we get a commentary from the fabulous Julie Kirgo, I wonder?

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
During the revival house days of the 1980s I recall seeing State Fair and April Love on a double bill. They were both very pink, but it was an enjoyable day. I look forward to State Fair and also Huck Finn/Tom Sawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks