What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Boomerang (1992) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CELEBRATE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SEXY COMEDY HIT
ON BLU-RAY™ FOR THE FIRST TIME

image001.png

Eddie Murphy Leads an All-Star Cast in the Enduring Classic, Arriving June 28, 2022

Still beloved 30 years after its original release, BOOMERANG arrives for the first time ever on Blu-ray June 28, 2022 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Eddie Murphy’s portrayal of hotshot advertising executive Marcus Graham made BOOMERANG a hit when it was first released in theaters on July 1, 1992. Featuring an all-star cast that includes Robin Givens, Halle Berry, David Alan Grier, Martin Lawrence, Grace Jones, Geoffrey Holder, and Eartha Kitt, Chris Rock, John Witherspoon, Tisha Campbell, and Melvin Van Peebles, this celebrated comedy was ahead of its time in playfully challenging stereotypes. The movie’s hit soundtrack, featuring Babyface, Toni Braxton, and Boyz II Men, topped the Billboard charts and earned triple platinum status.

The BOOMERANG Blu-ray includes access to a digital copy of the film, as well as the following legacy bonus content:

• Commentary by director Reginald Hudlin
  • Extended and deleted scenes with director's commentary:
    • Thanksgiving at Marcus' Place
    • Strangé's Arrival at the Dinner
    • Bony T Asks Marcus About Sex with Jackie
    • First Dinner Between Jackie & Marcus
    • Dinner Between Gerard & Angela

Synopsis

Marcus Graham (Murphy) may be a success in his industry, but he’s also an insatiable womanizer who’s completely unprepared for his new boss, Jacqueline (Robin Givens), a female version of Marcus in terms of all things romantic.

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

BOOMERANG

Street Date: June 28, 2022

U.S. Rating: R for language and sexuality

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Sound: 5.1 DTS-HD

DIRECTED BY REGINALD HUDLIN

SCREENPLAY BY BARRY W. BLAUSTEIN AND DAVID SHEFFIELD

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Clark Green

BANNED
Real Name
Clark Green
For me this film was near the beginning of the end of Eddies live action film career. Other than Nutty Professor, this and the rest of his live action catalog of movies were very subpar to pretty forgettable.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
For me this film was near the beginning of the end of Eddies live action film career. Other than Nutty Professor, this and the rest of his live action catalog of movies were very subpar to pretty forgettable.

When I wrote my review today, I was surprised to see it did decent business.

In my memory, everything after "Coming to America" kinda flopped, but I was wrong.

I think "Another 48 Hrs" and "Boomerang" disappointed given EM's star power, but they still made money.

"Harlem Nights" was borderline in terms of profitability - though a major disappointment given the cast.

"Distinguished Gentleman" seems to be the 1st EM movie that lost money.

But not the last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks