What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time January 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheReturnOfFrankJames_BD.jpg

Henry Fonda headlines an exciting Hollywood Western sequel that sports fine direction by Fritz Lang (the first of his three Hollywood shoot-’em-ups), a standout debut role for the lovely Gene Tierney and gorgeous Technicolor photography by prolific George Barnes (in the same year of his Oscar®-winning black-and-white work on Rebecca).Jackie Cooper, Henry Hull, John Carradine and Donald Meek also saddle up for an action-packed ride on hi-def Blu-ray!

THE RETURN

OF FRANK JAMES

Limited Edition BLU-RAYRelease

Only 3,000 units available atwww.twilighttimemovies.com& www.screenarchives.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2019

“Lang’s first Western and his first film in color…displays the director’s interest in the psychology (and indeed the pitfalls) of revenge.”

– Geoff Andrew, Time Out Film Guide

“A handsome and spacious affair set against Technicolored mountains and night skies; many of its small-town scenes carry the flavor of the post-Civil War years.”

– Bosley Crowther, The New York Times

A sequel to Henry King’s 1939 Jesse James,The Return of Frank James(1940) is, significantly, directed by the one and only Fritz Lang; even more significantly, it stars Henry Fonda as an otherwise good-hearted man bent on avenging the death of his brother at the hands of Bob and Charlie Ford (John Carradine and Charles Tannen). Beautifully shot by George Barnes, highlighted by a score from David Buttolph, and featuring the screen début of the sensational Gene Tierney.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Untamed_BD.jpg

Feel the thunderous impact of a mammoth-scaled romantic action epic – marking Tyrone Power’s final film under his long-term Twentieth Century Fox contract after becoming a star there 19 years earlier – in an all-new 4K restoration transfer showing off stunning location lensing in Ireland and South Africa and an equally spectacular Franz Waxman score! Susan Hayward, Richard Egan, Agnes Moorehead and Rita Moreno also star in this undersung Cinemascope rouser.

UNTAMED

“An entertaining romance…the Zulu action sequences have some real excitement, and the scenery is lusciously photographed with effective use of CinemaScope.” TV Guide

“Director Henry King…uses the wide CinemaScope canvas to display splendidly the lengthy snake-like ribbon of the wagon train stretching over miles of South African terrain as well as wowing us with the enormity of the two Zulu attacks.”

– Matt Hough, HomeTheaterForum.com

Widely touted as a kind of South African Gone with the Wind, 1955’s epic Untamedtells the story of Irish emigrant Katie (Susan Hayward) and Boer cavalry commander Paul van Riebeck (Tyrone Power); their romance begins in Ireland and faces trials and adventures in a roiled South Africa. Directed by veteran Henry King, shot by Leo Tover, and featuring a sumptuous score by the great Franz Waxman.

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yanks_BD.jpg

With “a powerful, compelling drama that hits the heart with uncanny accuracy” (Norma McLain Stoop, After Dark), “John Schlesinger has proved himself to be master director, coming up with a lush, plush, romantic entertainment” (Bernard Drew, Gannett Newspapers). This wartime invasion force on hi-def Blu-ray offers a terrific cast, a marvelous Richard Rodney Bennett score, and a new Audio Commentary conversation with co-star Chick Vennera. One of the Year’s 10 Best – Best Director (Schlesinger): National Board of Review. Best Supporting Actress (Rachel Roberts) – Best Costume Design (Shirley Russell): British Film Academy Awards.

YANKS

“So alluringly captures the quaint spirit of a small English community and the breathtaking beauty of its outlying countryside that after the end credits vanish you’ll want to hop on the next plane to the British Isles.”

– Jon Matsumoto, Los Angeles Times

“Thanks to a standout cast and the sure hand of director John Schlesinger, Yanksis deeply felt and emotionally mature. [Gere] is very good here, likable and sensitive. As for Lisa Eichhorn, she can do no wrong.”

– Glenn Erickson, DVDTalk.com

Yanks(1979) is perhaps director John Schlesinger’s most tender film, a lovely evocation of life on the northern English home front during World War II. Colin Welland and Walter Bernstein’s screenplay focuses on three couples in a small town “invaded” by American troops in the run-up to D-Day: an Arizona boy (Richard Gere) who pursues an already engaged shopkeeper’s daughter (Lisa Eichhorn); an aristocratic married lady (Vanessa Redgrave) who develops a warm friendship with a sympathetic troop leader (William Devane); and a girl-crazy city kid (Chick Vennera) who falls for a cheeky bus conductress (Wendy Morgan). Beautifully shot by Dick Bush and featuring a score from the singular Richard Rodney Bennett.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just received an email from Screen Archives in which they state that Beat The Devil is Zone A only, unlike all previous Twilight Time discs. I wonder why this disc has been restricted in this way when none of the others have.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't know that. Which were the others?
I think some of those titles are "Leave Her to Heaven", "Drums Along the Mohawk", "Man in the Dark" 3-D, "Rollerball" and "Fate is the Hunter". I think most of them are Fox titles like "Violent Saturday", "Flaming Star" and "Stormy Weather" or some MGM titles thru Fox and then TT. If I'm not mistaken the first TT release of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" which is a Fox title was released in "A" Region only while the second TT release of it was "A, B & C" Regions.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I think some of those titles are "Leave Her to Heaven", "Drums Along the Mohawk", "Man in the Dark" 3-D, "Rollerball" and "Fate is the Hunter". I think most of them are Fox titles like "Violent Saturday", "Flaming Star" and "Stormy Weather" or some MGM titles thru Fox and then TT. If I'm not mistaken the first TT release of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" which is a Fox title was released in "A" Region only while the second TT release of it was "A, B & C" Regions.
Thank you for that. I have most of Twilight Time's Fox titles and I never knew they were Zone locked. Just for a laugh, I'm going to try them in my Zone B player! (I think I've mentioned before I have different players for different zones, and I never change the zone in either player)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks