What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time January 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
New[/b]

post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.51105

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these January Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
screen-shot-2018-10-24-at-7-23-40-am-png.51106

BEAT THE DEVIL (1953) (alternate extended version; 2016 restoration)
THE RETURN OF FRANK JAMES (1940)
UNTAMED (1955) (brand new 4K transfer)
YANKS (1979)
On Sale January 22, 2019

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.23.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.23.40 AM.png
    4 MB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm happy to have Beat the Devil on Blu-ray while I hope The Return of Frank James is improved upon with regard to its Technicolor. I don't believe I ever saw Untamed. Unfortunately, I did see Yanks which I don't have fond memories of.

What are the January release dates?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Fortunately I hadn't got around to importing Frank James from Germany, so I'll go for that since it will hopefully be a better transfer. I wonder how Beat the Devil will compare to the Blu-ray put out by The Film Detective? Also Untamed, because you know me, when it comes to CinemaScope 2.55:1, I'm all over it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Fortunately I hadn't got around to importing Frank James from Germany, so I'll go for that since it will hopefully be a better transfer. I wonder how Beat the Devil will compare to the Blu-ray put out by The Film Detective? Also Untamed, because you know me, when it comes to CinemaScope 2.55:1, I'm all over it.
I have both Frank James and Beat the Devil Blu-rays so I'm buying these again as I'm not satisfied with either of them. This TT Blu-ray should have the restoration work done on Beat the Devil unlike "The Film Detective" release.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
All four for me, plus the four already announced for December. Oh wow, is it ever going to be an expensive couple of months!

Reactions: PMF

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Untamed is an excellent film. It was Fox most expensive film that year.
Extensive location in Africa filming.
Ty Power went there, Susan Hayward did not. She couldn't leave town because of divorce procedings and possibility of losing the children.
Fox developed a new rear projection system to make it looke like she was there.
several shot show her in long shot roaming around Africa. that's a double. Fox had to do the same thing that year for Susan in Soldier of Fortune.
Untamed is also one of Franz Waxmans gretest scores.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like TT is going to have a great start in the new year. I'll take three of those titles, as I am not interested in Yanks.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Just dropped $65.76 on three TT titles tonight (two sale items, one reg price) and this gets announced.

In for Beat The Devil . Anything Bogie related has my interest.
I would say that gaining three films on one night in October (with two at the sale price), while awaiting another title (or two) in January is doing pretty darned good. And don't forget, Kyrsten, these will be a new stack of 3,000 x 4 titles; so they're no way near to being Sold-Out for at least a couple of more months, thereafter. Hope this reminder helps and, in advance, Happy 2019.:)

Definitely fantastic to have one more Bogie and one more Huston. 4K restored, no less.

And, on a final note, being traditionally HTF pumped and greedy in the face a fresh TT announcements, all we need now is "The Cardinal".
If ever there were a "meant for TT" release, this one would have to be up there. Otto Preminger directed; Leon Shamroy photographed; Columbia Pictures released; and John Huston's sole nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Here's to hoping that "The Cardinal" does take flight at Twilight.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I wish I liked Beat the Devil. Great cast, but I remember being bored.

Three 1940's/1950's films though, so that's nice to see. Only thing that would be even better is if there were a couple of 1930's pictures to go with them. :)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I wish I liked Beat the Devil. Great cast, but I remember being bored.

Three 1940's/1950's films though, so that's nice to see. Only thing that would be even better is if there were a couple of 1930's pictures to go with them. :)
It's been reported that Bogart disliked the film because he lost money helping produce the film and he said "only phonies like it". I like the film and seeing Robert Morley, Peter Lorre, Gina Lollobrigida and Jennifer Jones together.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Thrilled beyond words about Untamed and Beat The Devil. Definite upgrades (the legit Spanish DVD of Untamed was not anamorphic). I have both Yanks and Return Of Frank James on DVD and my interest in them is minimal so DVD is good enough for me. Sparking HD transfers won't make them better movies.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
I would say that gaining three films on one night in October (with two at the sale price), while awaiting another title (or two) in January is doing pretty darned good. And don't forget, Kyrsten, these will be a new stack of 3,000 x 4 titles; so they're no way near to being Sold-Out for at least a couple of more months, thereafter. Hope this reminder helps and, in advance, Happy 2019.:)

Oh, yah, one other thing; fantastic to have one more Bogie and one more Huston. Restored in 4K, no less.

Now, being traditionally HTF needy in the face a fresh TT announcements, all we now need is "The Cardinal".
If ever there were a "meant for TT" release, this one would have to be up there. Otto Preminger directed; Leon Shamroy photographed; Columbia Pictures released; and John Huston's sole nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Here's to hoping that "The Cardinal" does take flight at Twilight.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Though released by Columbia Pictures I believe that The Cardinal is controlled by WB. Could be wrong though. Something may be up with this title as Kritzerland has already stated that they will be releasing the Jerome Moross score in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks