What's new

HT has demo dvd............... DAREDEVIL!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
I just watched this film and thank god i have a powerful sub to handle all of the looowww content in the .1 area. Not just great bass but the audio is well put together, this is what HT is all about! When you watch this flick the DTS track is a must hear! It will give your system the work out it deserves, and you guys with those new PB2+ please chime in let us know what you think along with every powerful sub owners of all brands as well. I know my 20-39PC+ loved the subsonic material. Everyone who has worked hard your HT system......you owe it to your self to check this one out. Don't sleep on it, later.

Film::star: :star: :star:

Video::star: :star: :star: :star:

Audio::star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I'm not particularly fond of Dudley Do Right, I mean Ben Affleck. But I still might check it out due to your review.

terence

Supporting Actor
Ben is OK but he not to bad as Matt Mudock. This movie will make up in areas it lacks with the sound buffet on deck. Great way to test your speakers imaging & center ch dialog. I will say this is a great year for HT enthusiast with up coming release to take our system to the next level like........

LOTR-The Two Towers

Matrix-Reloaded

F&TF 2

T3

Hulk

Bad Boys 2

and so on, man i love HT!

Arron H

Second Unit
I watched the DTS version of Daredevil last night and I agree, Terence, tons of the bass that you can feel. The heart beats are very cool. Some of the fight scenes seemed cooked. I can't believe that a Ben Affleck punch can make the whole living shake! Oh well, guess you just have to forget that it's Ben and buy into Daredevil. I second your motion - this movie may compete with Fight Club in the bass department. Hopefully, Tom V or others can take some measurements.

Arron H

Second Unit
For me, the best part of this movie was the opening sequence with Daredevil's origin retold. The kid playing young Matt Murdock was very good. It reminded me of the Frank Miller/John Romita, Jr. 5 part mini series "The Man Without Fear." When he wakes up after the accident and hears those heartbeats... The rest of the movie was okay but I do wish that it would have stayed a little closer to the above mentioned Miller/Romita storyline. Elektra was way too nice for my tastes. She should have been much darker but I digress...

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The DTS soundtrack and video transfer on Daredevil is REFERENCE quality for HT.

There is a ton of near subsonic bass at very high amplitude. This is not your typical 35-40 Hz explosion stuff - this DVD TROLLS down into the high teens/low 20's - VERY impressive.

I would very much like to see a waterfall chart for some scenes in this movie. The big bar fight scene has a HUGE ultra deep hit at one point. It was so deep it was as much felt as heard, and it pressurized my ears, rattled everything in the room, and blurred the image on the HDTV screen. Wow!

Ming, break out the spectrum analyzer!

Regards,

Ed

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
It has a DTS track?? Crap. I didn't even check to see if it did.

I do agree, it has some of the best sound imaging I've heard in a long time. I loved the bar fight when they would muffle the sounds.

I'll second the opinion that the kid playing young Matt did an awesome job. I got chills when he fought the bullies. Was a great scene.

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
I fully enjoyed the DTS track in all its basstastic glory with my 2039 PC+ but boy I am dying to hear it( and feel it!) on my PB2+ when it gets here....please oh please let it ship soon. ;-)

-Edwin

Neal_C

Second Unit
The bar fight scene is almost unbelievable with my PB2+. My wife and I just looked at each other and smiled/laughed as our chests pounded and our leather couch vibrated beneath our asses. Definitely a reference scene.

Neal

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I wasn't a BIG fan of the movie, but I'm a sucker for a good sounding dvd. I'll be picking this up later.

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
I picked it up at Target yesterday for the BASS alone, kinda like the Haunting. For $10, it's worth it! It will stay unopened until my PB2+ gets here, then I'll rock the house. I would be curious as to whether the DTS or the DD track actually hits harder.

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy,......... a good bass movie finally! Yay!!!!! :D

Ok, I can't do DTS spectrum analysis conveniently, but I'll do a DD waterfall plot soon (at least as soon as I get my copy of daredevil in!)

Rus Bowisc

Stunt Coordinator
I also watched DD, but in Dobly. Didn't find out that there was a DTS track... so I will definitely watch it again.

There certainly is a lot of REAL sub-frequencies going on there. I don't have any high-end stuff like SVS, but the audio did make my CHT-15 sing.

Rus

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Alright you guys convinced me. I'll rent it tonight and check out the sound. Thats half the reason I watch some of the movies I pick.

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator

Got my copy at Costco for $8.29!...well...I did have a
$5off coupon...and when I got the the register they told
me there was a $5 mail-in rebate :emoji_thumbsup:

Great DVD, great PQ, awesome SOUND!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I rented it based on this recommendation. It is loud, has some good bass hits and rumble, but overall, I wasn't all that impressed (HSU VTF-2). The movie itself is nearly unbearable... Nice mix, and active rears though.

With The Haunting DTS, I have to turn it down or things start to rattle...in the next room :eek: THAT is my benchmark for bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks