What's new

HT has demo dvd............... DAREDEVIL!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I enjoyed Daredevil , definitely a reference quality disc . I especially enjoyed Colin Farrel as the villian Bullseye. That was not Patrick Swayze as Ben Afflecks' father though, I believe the actors name is Keith David , probably best known for his role as Sid in An Officer and a Gentleman, remember the scene where he washes down the engagement ring with the liquor right before hanging himself. A much better actor in my opinion than Swayze. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure. I rented the disc but will probably buy it for a demo disc/guilty pleasure.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Daredevil reminded me of Spiderman. I thought it to be much better along with the woofage also. Worth adding to my collection for a quick view now and then but don't tell.

I agree Colin Farrel does play a good/bad guy;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thanks TonyD. Spell check only works for words in the English language and not slang. OK so I am corrected again and now I'm going to slang something your way.:D :p) I guess this is my week for brushing up on my bad spelling habits. :emoji_thumbsup: Correction was definitely warranted though.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I stopped buying DVDs that were demo quality just because of that attribute a long time ago. I've got the DTS DVD demo #5 and I'm not afraid to use it.

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Terence; Daredevil's D.D. and DTS soundtrack IMO was superb. The reviewers at Widescreen Review felt the same. Outstanding bass on my semi-DIY passive sub system powered by NAD 3040PE power amp section.

Hmmm... I watched it last night after reading this thread, bit wasn't terribly impressed with the bass. It was there, but nothing earth-shattering. Maybe the problem was listening to it in DD instead of DTS (who puts that option under Languages, anyway?!?).

Although I was a hair disappointed with that aspect, I was pleasantly suprised by the movie itself. I expected it to completely suck, but would put it as a solid "mediocre" instead. It's all about your expectations...

- Kevin

David WD

Auditioning
i got the daredevil dvd today - i will leave it sealed until the svs pb2-plus arrives - hopefully within the next week...... dave wd:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks